“Charming hotel on stunning St John”

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cruz Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Surf City, North Carolina
“Charming hotel on stunning St John”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have traveled to St John several times in the past. On my most recent trip I brought my mother along as a birthday present as she had never been to the Virgin Islands. We stayed in the spacious penthouse which was well worth the price. The hotel is convenient to all Cruz Bay has to offer (bars, restaurants, shopping, daytrips to the BVI, etc). Denise welcomed us and made us feel right at home. The penthouse was spotless and was cleaned everyday. As stated in previous reviews, Dave, Denise, and Kathy could not have been better hosts. Breakfast is served on the veranda in the mornings which allows interaction with other guests. I noticed apple and grape juice was provided at breakfast but not orange juice. I usually drink orange juice at breakfast and asked Kathy if any was available. She said there wasn't but would see about getting some. The next morning not only was orange juice available but Dave brought me a fresh container for the room refrigerator. On another note, I had forgotten to bring my collapsible cooler for the beach. Dave loaned me his cooler which avoided me having to purchase one. My mom is a diet coke drinker and several cans of diet coke that were left behind by a guest were placed in our refrigerator. The above are examples of lodging owners going above and beyond to satisfy their guests. I will definitely be coming back to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel on my future trips to beautiful St John. I recommend this little gem to anyone seeking a clean affordable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Bill5061

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
MA
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Penthouse Apartment for one week while visiting friends in Cruz Bay for the first time. Between the island and the hotel.......you will not want to leave!!!!

Location: Amazing! You are within walking distance to everything that you need in Cruz Bay

Penthouse Apartment : The apartment is immaculately clean. The kitchen was fantastic because it allowed us to prepare our lunches for the day. Once you are at any of the beaches, the last thing that you want to do is leave to go find something to eat! The apartment allowed us to do some island grocery shopping! The rooms were all very spacious and had just what you needed for an island stay.

Inn-keepers : Dave and Denise were FANTASTIC! :) Laid back and super friendly! Gave great advice on places to eat and grab a drink! After their suggestion, Spyglass for happy hour fish tacos is where its at! :)

When we return ( not if....but when! ) we will definitely be spending some time at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel.

Room Tip: Penthouse is worth every extra penny! Even for two people it felt like our own "home" away...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HappyMariss
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The Boutique Hotel was perfect . Dave, Denise the wonderful owners made me feel very welcome , secure , comfortable and gave me some great tips of the Island as a solo traveler . The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable . Location is perfect , and do be prepared for the nightlife of this wonderful Island .

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Karen H
Alexandria VA
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed in room 1 and was very clean. We enjoyed the breakfasts and meeting other guests. It is right in town so some noise but AC's drone out. The owners were very helpful and friendly. The bed could have been firmer for us both, but we would return and great for grabbing drinks or dinner very close by!

Room Tip: Room 1 was not too loud.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alexandriava
Symsonia
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We completely enjoyed our stay on St. John's and at Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel. Dave, Denise,and Kathy were amazing host. We stayed in the penthouse which was very spacious, clean, and relaxing. The beauty of this hotel, besides the reasonable price, is that you are within walking distance of anything within Cruz Bay. Denise, Kathy, Dave steered us right on where to eat and how to navigate the island. You are within two blocks of the taxis that will take you anywhere so we didn't feel a need to rent a car and never felt as if we needed one during our 7 day stay. Honeymoon Beach and Salomon Beach are amazing, but you will have to walk to them no matter where you are on the island. FYI - we brought along a collapsable cooler bag that we packed with water, chips, trailmix, and sandwiches from deli grotto to take with us to the beach so we could stay as long as we wanted. Thank you to Dave and Denise for providing a wonderful hotel at a resonable price.

Room Tip: If you are a couple I'm sure one of the other rooms would be great. If you are not, spend the ex...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Carla J
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our first time on St. John & we were very pleased to find this wonderful gem! I was attracted to it by the website description & pictures and it was exactly as described and better! Our room was perfect size for my husband and me: furnished simply, tastefully, and very comfortably, with just the amenities we needed, small fridge, small tv, AC, but also windows that open when we didn't want the AC. Denise and David provide island hospitality at its best, with very helpful info about beaches, restaurants, and everything! Their love of the island is evident and they take the time to share it with you. We loved being able to walk everywhere, to several small beaches, and all around town. The communal balcony is lovely, and the continental breakfast they serve is delicious and relaxing. We will come back to St. John, and we will stay at Cruz Bay Boutique hotel! Thanks to Denise and David for opening this wonderful little hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary P
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Just returned from St.John after a 9 day stay at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel....Loved the place, We stayed there with my son his wife and my grandaughter in the Penthouse. Great hospitality from the moment we arrived, Denise and Dave the owners are the greatest...They both provided us with great information on where to eat and the great beaches to visit with our grandaughter... Super Clean Hotel and in walking distance to everything . A must is Roma Cafe, super good food for the $. and make sure you ask for Ann Marie she's a wonderful waitress. Beautiful island and we will be back at this hotel to rent the Penthouse again very soon!

Room Tip: Penthouse worth every penny!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay
Estate Lindholm
Estate Lindholm
#1 of 5 in Cruz Bay

Been to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!