“Best Happy Hour”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Best Happy Hour”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Went to Castaways for our fifth and final hh of our vaction and it definitely lived up to the hype! Great deals and great food. Friendly staff and friendly locals! Good times!

• Visited April 2011

“Unbelievable!!!! A must go!”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

This place is amazing! I loved the food. Happy hour is 100% a must go. The staff is fun and the crowd is very inviting. You'll feel completly welcome and at home when you visit. We loved it!

Waterbury, Vermont
“Great food. Great bar. Great Happy Hour!”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Simply put, Loved it here! Friendly bartenders and wait staff, great menu (this is not bar food!) try the grilled mahi and you will see what I;m talking about. Plus an unbelievable happy hour! Fun crowd, rooftop bar as well, whats not to love?

Boston, MA
“Concur with with Boston reviewer”
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We dommed Castaway's that night, the whole downtown area and eventually the whole island. Boats on the reg. Drinks on the reg. Fire twirling on the reg. Spearfishing on the reg. Island cops were running scared in our wake. Rumor has it the entire island is now secretly run by the Tebro brothers.

1 Thank jthames
Boston
“Not sure about the food...but this was the best bar we hit while in SJ”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I recently made the trip down to St. John with a group of 5 dudes to spearfish, yacht over to the BVI's, hit the gorgeous beaches, and, of course, take in the scene at night. We pretty much dominated the scene at every bar we went to. We were there this past October when Woody's had their first annual "block party", which consisted of a wing eating competition (I was our horse and failed miserably) and plenty of street revelers. This ended up being our marathon night, most of which was spent at Castaway's. Wendy, our bartender for most of the time, was great. She let us come behind the bar, took pics with us, took shots with us. Just a great overall staff and scene. The place ended up getting packed with nothing but friendly people buying each other (complete strangers) drinks all night. I mean, the scene was similar at most of the bars but we had the best time at this place by far. I look forward to my next trip. I understand there was some recent turnover with the establishment. In my opinion, they have done great work with the place.

1 Thank sdp9983