Husband and I just got back from 9 nights on St John. We stayed all 9 nights in 3 bed / 2 bath at Grande Bay but rented through a privately managed unit. We did get talked into doing time share talk with Grande Bay. So we did get to see a 1bedroom and a studio.
What did I like?
-This property is conviently located. It is easy to walk to dinner, shopping, activities, ferries, taxis, Dolphin grocery market, car rental companies...
-It appears that each unit has a private parking space available.
-We had free wifi in our unit (not sure if this is available in all).
-It does appear that each unit (even studios) have washer dryers.
- There was a note in our check in packet that the water at this property is filtered. I am pretty particular about taste of water and it was great. I am not sure if just our unit had a filter or the entire property.
- Pool and hot tub available
- Work out room available
- How can i forget view of bay and downtown.
- Front desk manned 24 hours. Everyone we talked with was super!
- Happy hour on Monday and Wednesday downtown. I do not know if it is the same bars week to week but while we were there Monday itwas at Motu ( next to Grande Bay) and Wednesday it was at High Tide.
- 2 day jeep rental was a breeze through them
- We had a telephone in the unit but just my dads ATT cell phone since we always had it with us.
- Our room had beach chairs, cooler, beach towels and noodles.
- Our unit was clean. You can tell it gets hard use but it was still very nice.
- Lots of appliances. Washer, dryer, fridge with icemaker, oven, stove, coffeemmaker, toaster.
Let me talk about time share aspect. Husband and I have been drug to many of these else where and it was torture! I so enjoyed talking with this group. We are actually interested! Fran, Daniel, and Steve were great.
I know I am missing something. Only bad thing I recall was there was no light over dining room table. It was alittle dark eating dinner but ehhh no big deal. We did have little bitty ants if some one didnt clean up after themselves in kitchen (and we were on the 3rd floor of back buildings). Again... No big deal.
Ove all we love St John and we really liked Grande Bay. We will see if w decide to go back and get the time share thingy...very tempting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Bay Resort & Residence Club is situated hillside overlooking Cruz Bay on St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Set near Wharfside Village, this St. John condominium resort overlooks the emerald and blue waters of Cruz Bay and St. Thomas to the east and the British Virgin Islands to the west. Offering nightly rentals (min. 2 nights) and fractional ownership opportunities in the heart of "Love City". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Grande Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Bay Hotel Cruz Bay
- Grande Bay Resort St. John/Cruz Bay