I did a VRBO here last week. The design of place has a few design quirks. Anytime you leave your unit, you have to go through a garage. It's kind of like hitting a bunker on the island from the TV show Lost anytime you go outside. The pool is always in the shade during the high season. The building design has some incongruous Spanish and Italian elements that don't really make sense on St John. But once you get past the head scratching design elements, you've got a vacation property with an excellent location with some great suites and some of the best courtesy staff that you'll find in that part of the world. Our unit had plenty of space for outdoor dining, which is important for avoiding ants, and the fully stocked kitchen and washer/dryer came in very handy traveling with a 1 and a 3 year old. The units are also very sound proof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Bay Resort & Residence Club is situated hillside overlooking Cruz Bay on St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Set near Wharfside Village, this St. John condominium resort overlooks the emerald and blue waters of Cruz Bay and St. Thomas to the east and the British Virgin Islands to the west. Offering nightly rentals (min. 2 nights) and fractional ownership opportunities in the heart of "Love City". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Grande Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Bay Hotel Cruz Bay
- Grande Bay Resort St. John/Cruz Bay