Grande Bay Resort
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$330
Travelocity
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$244
  • Breakfast included
Estate Lindholm(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$305
$275
Travelocity
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$463
Orbitz.com
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)(Great Value!)
$286
TripAdvisor
Coconut Coast Villas(Cruz Bay)
Hotels.com
All reviewsthrough vrboparking garagein towntime sharewasher dryerst johnbeach chairsperfect locationpool and hot tubfull kitchenwatch the ferriesbedroom condoferry dockrental vehicleexercise roomthree bedroombars and restaurants
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Loved the laid back atmosphere of St John. Stayed at the Grande Bay Resort which turned out to be the best possible choice for location and comfort. The unit was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. We were within easy walking distance to downtown Cruz Bay and all the bars and restaurants. We were a short walk from the ferry dock and several nice grocery stores. There was a nice shopping area, Starfish Market, that had everything you could possibly need. We enjoyed our trip immensley and hope to return in the future.

1  Thank randykat
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was the second stay on St John for my husband and I. We couldn't have been happier with our choice of the Grande Bay Resort. The condo was beautiful, very nicely decorated and immaculate. All of the resort staff were very friendly and helpful. The owners John and Barbara were very easy to work with. The onsite manager Rochelle was great. The condo was perfectly located in Cruz Bay. We were in easy walking distance to all of the bars and restaurants. We really appreciated all the amenities available for our use. The condo had every possible thing we could need to make our trip a success.

1  Thank randykat
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed a week at Grande Bay on our Honeymoon in St. John. We stayed in the penthouse suite and rented from an owner through VRBO. I suggest this, since you can stay for much cheaper. The suite was very nice and well decorated, and had all the right amenities for cooking your own meals. We cooked breakfast and made sandwiches for lunch, but it is hard to resist the great restaurants in Cruz Bay. The view from the huge balcony might have been the best part. Every night we had a glass of wine while we watched the sunset. We also enjoyed the nice pool and hot tub after a long day at the beach. The location was perfect for St. John. We did not rent a car except for one day. When we went to the beaches, we just walked into town and took a taxi. We also walked to dinner each night. Some of our favorite restaurants withing walking distance were the beach bar, banana deck, and Zozo'$.

Room Tip: Book through VRBO if you want to save some money.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pcb_life1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

First time traveler to St. John and opted for Grande Bay. Honestly, could not have been happier with the location. I explored every day on the island but in the evenings I explored Cruz Bay. Could walk everywhere without a care in the world, no plan on dinner or drinks, and have a great evening. Would highly recommend. Location easy. Only complaint would be tight parking spots (if thats all I complain about I am stretching) and lack of ESPNU (no one on the island had the Gator game). Otherwise, wonderful and I expect to return with my entire family next time.

2  Thank TnCGator
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We just returned from a fantastic visit to St. John and a terrific stay at Grande Bay. My husband and I have visited STJ several times over the years and have stayed at various properties around the island. This particular trip was just a quick 3-night getaway, so we knew we wanted to just take it easy and maximize our "island" time - this was the perfect spot!

Arrival: We arrived via cruise ship from New York and "jumped" ship in St. Thomas so we could spend the remainder of our vacation on our favorite island! We had actually rented a unit through VRBO (studio A202) and were met at the ferry dock by a member of the property management staff and driven to the property. We were luckily able to check in immediately, drop our luggage and meet back up with our friends who were continuing on the cruise and only visiting STJ for the day. This is a testament to how ideally located GB is! It took maybe 20 minutes to get to GB, change, grab the cooler/towels (both conveniently included with the unit rental), stop at the Bayside mini market for snacks/beverages and head to the beach!

A202: The unit itself was impeccably decorated with tropical colors and quality furnishings. The king bed was very comfortable (though I didn't much like the pillows). The studio was well laid out and the kitchenette was stocked with everything you could possibly need. One element I particularly appreciated was the abundance of paper towels! It’s such a small thing, but when making coffee each morning, preparing snacks – they are nice to have on hand! I knew there was a washer and dryer in the unit and had brought along a one-load tide pack, but there was already detergent and dryer sheets which came in handy. I also must mention how much we LOVED the balcony. It was actually quite larger than it looked in the pictures and I loved how the owners placed large palms on the right side to deter the view from the neighboring unit. We so enjoyed coffee in the morning and cocktails in the evening and spent a great deal of time here! I should also mention that there is some noise from the beach bar nearby – it did not bother us, but it may be an issue for some.

Grande Bay: The grounds are nicely landscaped and well maintained. Everyone we encountered was very helpful and friendly. We did take advantage of the complimentary coffee and pastries one morning in the main reception building, which is a very nice perk. Alex who staffed the area was very welcoming. I understand that several of the units are being sold for “fractional ownership” aka, time shares. This is not something of interest to us so thankfully we were not pressured into a sales pitch. The pool area is very lovely and there are plenty of chairs and a nice bit of deck space. We loved taking a swim and hitting the hot tub post beach! Again, I cannot say enough about the location – it is completely ideal for anyone wishing to be within walking distance of the many bars, restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay. (We love the Coral Bay side, too!)

Final thoughts: This visit for us was not about exploring the island (which we have done and LOVE, too!). We had a routine - coffee on the balcony, fill the cooler, grab a sandwich at Deli Grotto, hike Lind Point Trail, lounge & snorkel Solomon/Honeymoon, Happy Hour, Dinner, balcony, bed – REPEAT. Grande Bay was the ideal location for our daily “routine” and offered so much in the way of comfort, convenience and amenities. I am so, so pleased with our decision to stay here and the choice of unit. We would absolutely stay here again.

5  Thank bethy2120