“Can't get a better location on St John”
Review of Grande Bay Resort

and 1 more site!
Grande Bay Resort
Monrovia, Maryland
“Can't get a better location on St John”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We have stayed at Grande Bay twice and are headed back again this fall. The resort is only a few years old so everything is still quite new. The properties are individually owned so the furnishing will vary from unit to unit, both of the properties that we have stayed in were very nice and fully equiped for a day at the beach. My favorite part of Grande Bay is the location, your just minutes from the Cruz Bay restaurants, shopping, the Ferry and the Taxi's. No need to rent a car while staying at Grande Bay. We have stayed at several condo properties on St John and none compare.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank GRB3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We needed some downtime after a busy summer before school started back up. The Grande Bay resort met all our expectations and more. This beautiful resort is brand new, had great spacious rooms and was perfectly furnished. The materials and finishes are all very high end. All rooms look directly out onto Cruz Bay and are an easy 100 yard walk into town for restaurants and shopping. The pool and hot tub were great with a large sun deck for catching the rays. The fitness center had nice gear and those same Cruz Bay views.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, offering coolers, beach chairs and extra fluffy beach towels for our daily Jeep trecks into the beaches of the National Park. Even when Tropical Storm Irene paid us a visit the staff helped to ensure we had a good experience. Joe, James, everyone had a smile and aimed to please.

We found the property to be very quiet and peaceful despite the nearby bustle from town. If I had any cons, they would be that some pastries would go well with morning coffee and we did have some ant issues (to be fair we had the same ant issue at the Ritz on St Thomas as well. Twas ant season I suppose).

Gorgeous resort. One of our favorites anywhere in the Caribbean. We will definitely choose Grande Bay Resort for our next St John visit!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank ScottBeach
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
I am glad Irene did not "dampen" your experience with us! I always share these reviews with my associates and I thank you for your kind words about Joe and James. Not sure we have an ant season but they do seem to appear with the rain so we will aggressively treat the room.
As for pastries with the morning coffee...good idea! I promise next time you return I will personally ensure they are available!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2011

There is no other place to stay than grand bay!! The property is gorgeous! Units are new, spacious, gorgeous views, and fabulous sunsets! The staff is amazing and very professional. They go out of their way to make you feel at home.
Plus it's close to "downtown". You can walk to everything! Or take a taxi to anywhere you want to go! A+ in my opinion. It's my second trip and I will be back! Thank you grand bay for all you do! LOVE IT!!!

Room Tip: Grand bay is right off the boat. How can you not stay there
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Hfishburn1
Thank you for your post and it was our pleasure to have you here! I hear the third time is a "real charm" and the fourth and the fifth...hurry back!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Just returned from my third stay at Grande Bay Resort and it was just as great as the previous times. These villas are really beautifully done and quite comfortable. The staff is quite pleasant and very informative on excursions, restaurant recommendations, etc. I think the location right in Cruz Bay is fantastic with all of the shops and restaurant choices just a short stroll away.

Room Tip: Rent directly from the on-site company.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MT_Skier
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I went for a 4 day get away to St. John's. We rented from an owner of one of the Grande Bay units. Our room was beautiful with a full kitchen, balcony view, and great access to local restaurants and a tranquil view of the bay where residential ships were docked. The resort was clean, peaceful, with great access to Cruz Bay's restaurants and shops. The rental had beach chairs, and coolers. While not immediately near the spectacular beaches, access to the beaches via local taxis was relatively simple. The beauty of St. John's is what you envision when thinking of a tropical get away. If you are okay with not being right near a swimming beach, this is definitely the place to stay

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bigmike_0719
Centerville,Ma.
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Clean with many ammenities. Snorkle gear, kayak, option to stock fridge a nice plus. The only problem was 2 infants sceaming next door for 3 days in a row. It would be helpful to limit infants.:

• Stayed April 2011
Canton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family and I went on a much needed family vacation. Traveling with 3 children, twins 12 and the oldest 13, we needed some space to spread out in. The Grande Bay Resort not only gave us the space we wanted, but so much more! Wonderful staff from Paul the GM to James another manager and the conceirge Mike. They were so attentive to the many questions we had as to where to go and what to do! They not only supplied upscale toiletries, but the complete kitchen had everything you would expect. So nice to have a washer and dryer in the unit with ample detergent too! The staff provided us with clean beach towels everyday and a large cooler and beach chairs for our daily trip to the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen! There is not one negative comment. This was the most PERFECT vacation we have ever had! I strongly recommend Grande Bay Resort if you plan to visit beautiful St. John! I do hope to return... I miss it already!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Planet11
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed the many amenities we have in our suites. I forwarded your comments along to James, Mike and all of my fellow associates. It was very thoughtful of you to write and we miss you already...hurry back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cruz Bay
#3 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Grande Bay Resort? Share your experiences!