“A Sneak Away to Paradise”
Review of Grande Bay Resort

and 1 more site!
Grande Bay Resort
Lewis Center, Ohio
“A Sneak Away to Paradise”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I went for a 4 day get away to St. John's. We rented from an owner of one of the Grande Bay units. Our room was beautiful with a full kitchen, balcony view, and great access to local restaurants and a tranquil view of the bay where residential ships were docked. The resort was clean, peaceful, with great access to Cruz Bay's restaurants and shops. The rental had beach chairs, and coolers. While not immediately near the spectacular beaches, access to the beaches via local taxis was relatively simple. The beauty of St. John's is what you envision when thinking of a tropical get away. If you are okay with not being right near a swimming beach, this is definitely the place to stay

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bigmike_0719

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Centerville,Ma.
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Clean with many ammenities. Snorkle gear, kayak, option to stock fridge a nice plus. The only problem was 2 infants sceaming next door for 3 days in a row. It would be helpful to limit infants.:

• Stayed April 2011
Canton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family and I went on a much needed family vacation. Traveling with 3 children, twins 12 and the oldest 13, we needed some space to spread out in. The Grande Bay Resort not only gave us the space we wanted, but so much more! Wonderful staff from Paul the GM to James another manager and the conceirge Mike. They were so attentive to the many questions we had as to where to go and what to do! They not only supplied upscale toiletries, but the complete kitchen had everything you would expect. So nice to have a washer and dryer in the unit with ample detergent too! The staff provided us with clean beach towels everyday and a large cooler and beach chairs for our daily trip to the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen! There is not one negative comment. This was the most PERFECT vacation we have ever had! I strongly recommend Grande Bay Resort if you plan to visit beautiful St. John! I do hope to return... I miss it already!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Planet11
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed the many amenities we have in our suites. I forwarded your comments along to James, Mike and all of my fellow associates. It was very thoughtful of you to write and we miss you already...hurry back!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The units are beautiful and the proximity to the center of Cruz Bay can't be beat. We rented a jeep and had our own parking spot since we had a 3 bedroom (anything larger than a studio comes with a parking spot) and we would walk into town instead of driving and searching for a parking spot- a huge plus.
The unit we stayed in was extremely well kept up but the unit itself had its own little quirks. There are no lights fixtures in the showers so if you take a shower after dark it can be a bit dim in the shower for things like shaving your legs. The toilet seats are uncomfortable (such an odd thing, I know) and the cement columns that serve as the railing on the balcony are so close together that when sitting in a regular deck chair it gets really tiresome having just a tiny crack to look through. The view of concrete gets old after several days when what you really want to look at is the harbor. The pool can get quite crowded, it really is a small pool for such a large complex. If theres more than a dozen people in it, it really is too crowded. It's a really nice pool though and a beautiful pool area.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank wishiwasinthevi
Fredericksburg
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for four days in July. We had a beautiful room overlooking the harbour. This resort appears to be practically new as everything in our unit looked as though it had never been used.. Very modern and comfortable. A very short walk to town where you will find that the food is pricey about everywhere.. Well that goes along with being on an island. We rented a jeep for one day and drove around to some of the many beaches on St John. Hawks Nest was our favorite as snorkeling was great and not very crowded like Trunk Bay.

All in all we were very pleased with our stay and found both the unit and the staff to be terrific. Don't hesitate to book here..And ENJOY!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelersK&W
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure and share your comments with my associates. All of us here look forward to your return!
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My Husband and I stayed in this condo (The Pink Marlin) for our honeymoon back in October 2010 and it was fantastic! The weather was horrible, but the accommodations could not have been better. Everything was very clean, spacious and beautiful, not at all shabby! The big king sized be was very comfortable. The washer and dryer was nice to have. The bathroom was clean and beautiful, the only thing that would've made it better is if there was a bathtub for soaking. The hot tub and pool outside were fantastic and never ever crowded, most of the time we were the only two there! The parking was great asset if you rent a car (which I recommend).The owner was a pleasure to work with, things went very smoothly. He arranged for someone to meet you at the ferry dock and drive you to your condo, she also gives you a little tour around town to show you where things are. We stayed for 10 days and five of them were during a tropical storm that later turned into a hurricane! After we returned home the owner emailed me and offered us another week at a great discount because of the unfortunate weather, I thought that was really nice! I really highly recommend this condo. I will post some pictures later. St. John cannot be beat, so romantic and wonderful (even with the unlucky weather)!

Room Tip: book on vrbo.com, get the pink marlin
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kamb2010
Wyoming
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We have traveled to St. John many times over the last 15 years and this place was in development for a long time. When looking at our options it seemed perfect; and it was!

We spend our days out at different beaches so it was great to come back to the Cruz Bay area and be able to stay in such a nice place. The management company met us at the unit and gave us a tour and some recommendations and we were set. There was plenty of privacy and room for two couples. Parking garage is a huge bonus. Each unit is individually owned and we rented through vrbo. The owner Tom was very easy to work with. Our 2BR unit 203-C on the second floor was perfect and had everything we wanted. We also had a beautiful view from the patio. Each side (we had a master bedroom and lock-off) had their own patio. The view is slightly obstructed with the other Grande Bay building in front of it, but it is still a nice view. I think it is quieter on the higher level since you aren't so close to the street and beach bar. Pool is small but nice and didn't appear to be crowded; we never used it. The work-out room was terrific with nice machines and weights and four treadmills in front of floor to ceiling windows with views of the water. I've never had such a view doing something I dread. Our 2BR unit also had washers and dryers in both the lock-off and master. The lock-off side was bigger than a typical hotel room with a small kitchenette and is perfect for two people. The only negative I can think of is the bathroom showers don't have lighting and it is a little dark. The cabinets used in the kitchen/bath, while they look nice now, were not high end and I don't know how they are going to hold up.

Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Unobstructed view front row; quieter top row units
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Grande Bay Resort? Share your experiences!