My husband and I just got back from St. John, after 5 nights in a Studio unit at Grande Bay. The location was perfect for us - we didn't rent a car but it was a 3 minute walk to the ferry dock (where we caught taxis to the beaches), bars, shops and restaurants. We also hiked to Solomon Beach one day which was about 1/2 hour from the condo, just be sure to wear sneakers!
The view from the patio (we were on 2nd floor of rear building) was great. Unit was clean and comfortable, excellent WiFi signal. We rented from HomeAway.com and had no issues at all, and cheaper than booking through Grande Bay itself (PM me if you want the link for our unit).
One word of advice though, if you are a smoker, note that there is no smoking allowed anywhere on the property (save the "back patios" but our unit didn't have one), so one would need to leave the property for a cigarette. Good news for the non-smokers reading, something to consider for smokers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Bay Resort & Residence Club is situated hillside overlooking Cruz Bay on St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Set near Wharfside Village, this St. John condominium resort overlooks the emerald and blue waters of Cruz Bay and St. Thomas to the east and the British Virgin Islands to the west. Offering nightly rentals (min. 2 nights) and fractional ownership opportunities in the heart of "Love City". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Grande Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Bay Hotel Cruz Bay
- Grande Bay Resort St. John/Cruz Bay