“Very good food and nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spyglass - CLOSED

Spyglass
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Caribbean, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Spyglass Restaurant Dining with a View. Lunch 11am-3pm Sunset Happy Hour 3pm-6pm Dinner 5pm-til. Enjoy a creative menu and phenomenal view from Spyglass restaurant. Come in for a casual lunch and watch the boats sail by. Want to see the best sunsets on St. John? Happy hour at Spyglass is the place to be. At dinner, enjoy the tranquility of the waves crashing below and the twinkling lights of St. Thomas in the distance. Spyglass Dining with a VIEW! Enjoy.
michigan
“Very good food and nice view”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Went for dinner service was excellent. Food was very good and plenty of it.
Owner was on premises very nice and thanked us for coming in.
Would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2011

Reston, Virginia
“Go for the food -- enjoy the view!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I ate brunch today at Spyglass, drawn by the sign promising two-for-one mimosas and bloody marys. Who could have guessed that the drink special would not be among the top three reasons I enjoyed my meal? I ordered the "special" omelette, three eggs caressing an ideal combination of crabmeat, spinach, brie, and sauteed onions. The plate included an english muffin, fresh slice of orange, and diced fried potatoes. The meal was satisfying from first bite to last. And of course, the mimosas helped. But more enjoyable than the alcohol was the attentive service I received from Kelli, a charming Kansas City transplant -- in her element in the laid-back atmosphere of St. John. In fact, were it not for Kelli, I would not have developed an appreciation for Spyglass's signature dessert: deep fried key lime pie. Now I am not a key lime pie person. In fact, I really do not like key lime pie. But this dessert -- pillowy, mild, key lime filling inside a lightly fried outside, dusted with sugar and cinnamon -- may have made me a convert. All in all, a VERY enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Oh, and did I mention the second-floor view of the harbor at Cruz Bay? It was the ribbon on the package that is Spyglass. I enjoyed it all -- you will too.

• Visited December 2011
“Yummy”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Nice restaurant overlooking Cruz bay. Good food and service.

Visited November 2011
Colorado
“Good spot for Happy Hour”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Went to Spyglass for Happy Hour and the happy hour menu was fun and all the items sounded good. Had the fish tacos and they were great. Other folks in are party had the wings and said they were fair. Drinks specials seemed reasonable priced.

Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice location and service, horrible expensive food that made me ill”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We went here because we heard they have good fish tacos but we didn't realize that the tacos were only for happy hour, which we missed. We still decided to eat there because it looked like a nice romantic place with a view and the host was a nice and friendly guy. This was a bad mistake! We ordered the conch fritters and the conch chowder for appetizers. The chowder was just tomato soup and the fritters were just fried balls with very little conch. We had the surf and turf for our main course and the steak was extremely dry and tasteless while the lobster was the same. The wine also tasted corked. And to top it off it was all very expensive for mediocre food.