“Great Dinner on our Honeymoon”
Review of Spyglass - CLOSED

Spyglass
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Spyglass Restaurant Dining with a View. Lunch 11am-3pm Sunset Happy Hour 3pm-6pm Dinner 5pm-til. Enjoy a creative menu and phenomenal view from Spyglass restaurant. Come in for a casual lunch and watch the boats sail by. Want to see the best sunsets on St. John? Happy hour at Spyglass is the place to be. At dinner, enjoy the tranquility of the waves crashing below and the twinkling lights of St. Thomas in the distance. Spyglass Dining with a VIEW! Enjoy.
NY
“Great Dinner on our Honeymoon”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Service was fast, food was very good. We got Lobster Risotto and Surf and Turf (Steak and Lobster Tail). We were both very happy with our meals. I thought the Lobster could be a little bit better, but it was still very enjoyable. For dessert we went with their specialty, fried key lime pie. The pie was deep fried and had cinnamon sprinkled on the outside. We were both very happy with our meals and would definitely return.

2 Thank TheDave1022

GA
“Spyglass St John”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is our second trip to USVI but our first time to Spyglass. We had a fantastic time, due in part to our waitress, Kelly. We at the whole fish (Snapper) and fresh tuna, as per her recommendation. A fine wine was also suggested (Montes Pinot Noir), which we had and thoroughly enjoyed. The food was excellent, the view was exceptional and we had a very congenial time at this wonderful beach side respite. We highly recommend the Spyglass.

Columbus, Ohio
“Wow! What a view!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Wow! What a view! When vacationing near the water, we always like to take advantage of the view and this place fit the mold! And the food is pretty good, too! The first visit to Spyglass was for lunch. I had the BBQ sandwich, which included a layer of cole slaw! The drinks were a little strong for the ladies (me), so the waiter brought some juice to "tone it down". (Thank-you-very-much!) We did go back a few days later for dinner. Check to see where the sun is before choosing a table! It was hot the evening we went and the sun was right on us. It was pretty unbearable. The happy hour appetizers were a little pricey. We went back and had dessert at the bar after checking out the gambling at The Parrot Club. The restaurant seemed to be understaffed and it took forever to get our $10 desserts. (A $10 brownie? Yikes!) I was ready to leave! Worth it? Probably not. Overall, I think it's worth the trip to the Spyglass. Maybe more for lunch than dinner. Bring your camera!

knoxville, tn
“Gourmet Food in a Casual Setting - Perfect for St. John”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The food at Spyglass is presented flawlessly right down to the signature desserts - including the must-have "Fried Key Lime Pie." During a 7 day stay on St. John in May my family enjoyed Spyglass for three meals and all were excellent. The Saturday and Sunday Brunch have a varied menu and reasonable pricing. We had the same server for all three experiences and Kelly made us wish we could eat at Spyglass everyday for another 7 days. Thanks Kelly!

The Spyglass location in Cruz Bay makes it convenient and accessible. And the harbor views are worth a visit stand alone.

In other words - when in Cruz Bay - Eat At Spyglass!

• Visited May 2011
Block Island, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTABULOUS.”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Seriously. On my recent trip to St.John, i had one of the best vacations ever. My friends and I take a week every year, and this year was easily in the top three. On our first day there, we hit cinnamon beach for the day, and got some great base sunburns. Desperately seeking some liquid refreshment, we wandered around til we saw a sign at the bottom of a set of stairs that led to paradise. Spyglass overlooks Cruz Bay. Its an open air restaurant on the second floor, with the best view in town. Happy hour is exactly that. 3$ margaritas are combined with an array of delicious wings, and all sorts of tacos. Easily the best deal in town for the budget traveler. If you dont want a margarita, trust in the bartender Rob. He can make a hundred different rum drinks. I know, i was there every day that week! We had dinner there twice, and both times it was something to write home about. The Snapper and Short Ribs made me want to kiss the Chef. Dessert is four little words. Fried Key Lime Pie. it changed my life! We stopped in one last time on saturday before we flew home for brunch. Lisa makes a mean Bloody Mary, and Benny in a bread bowl makes you think its happy hour. After my short essay, let me sum it up.
The food is great, the drinks are strong, service is impeccable, and the sunsets make everyone stop what they are doing to appreciate where they are. i apologize for the long review, but being in the service industry compelled me to sign up and give this restaurant its due.
Thanks for a great week!!!

• Visited March 2011