“Sub par food saved by above par view”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Spyglass - CLOSED

Spyglass
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Caribbean, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Spyglass Restaurant Dining with a View. Lunch 11am-3pm Sunset Happy Hour 3pm-6pm Dinner 5pm-til. Enjoy a creative menu and phenomenal view from Spyglass restaurant. Come in for a casual lunch and watch the boats sail by. Want to see the best sunsets on St. John? Happy hour at Spyglass is the place to be. At dinner, enjoy the tranquility of the waves crashing below and the twinkling lights of St. Thomas in the distance. Spyglass Dining with a VIEW! Enjoy.
Tarrytown, NY
“Sub par food saved by above par view”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

To start, the view is great. Can't be beat for a sunset. But the fish, which for $32, should be good was about as dry and overcooked as you can get. My wife and I wanted to start off with a glass of wine. Asked the waiter what chardonnays they had...and what do you know, the waiter suggests his favorite is the $16 a glass wine. Now I don't care too much about high prices, it comes with the island but it might have been better to let people know ahead of time especially when the other white was $8. Its the right thing to do. For the price, there are much better places that also have a view.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank ttopstock

St. John
“Best ribs”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My husband and I ate at Spyglass a few weeks ago.
We were very impressed.
The food was delicious and the view the best.
Please give it a try.

• Visited March 2011
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Great Food, Service and View”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My husband and I decided to go to the Spyglass Restaurant because of the Trip Advisor reviews. Our waitress, Kelly, was friendly and very efficient. She recommended a white wine that was perfect for my taste. We ordered the seared Ahi Tuna to share. It was served with Wasabi and Ginger. It was so good! My husband decided to order one of their evening specials (Bacon Sirloin). I had the Wahoo Salad. The salad was tossed with delightful combinations of greens topped with fresh Wahoo. We both enjoyed our meals. Our bill was $89.00 without a tip. This included a bottle of water, a glass of Hope Chardonnay, a Manhattan, seared Ahi Tuna and our two entrees. The location is one of the nicest spots on the island. Great food, service, outdoor dining by the water , and a view of Cruz Bay made our evening.

• Visited April 2011
POTOMAC, MD
“Try the pasta!”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We're on St John now. First year we've tried Spyglass. Good restaurant with very nice views and friendly. My wahoo was good, but my wife's pasta was surprisingly to die for. An amazing sauce, and whole grain to boot. Some of the best sauce I've had in years.

Park ridge
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

The food was exceptional. Each dish was cooked to perfection. If we had stayed in Cruz Bay longer we would have gone back again. The service was staff was attentive and seemed to know when to come to the table. The sunset was spectacular. The place was so inviting that we got involved with a conversation between three tables, which only added to the experience. If you are in Cruz Bay, don't miss this one.

• Visited February 2011