“Candi's still has it goin onnnnn!”
Review of Candi's Barbecue

Candi's Barbecue
Ranked #30 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: It is really a small shack type place but has the most amazing bbq i have had in the carribean. please contact me with any Q's.
Ohio
“Candi's still has it goin onnnnn!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

So happy to come back for your ribs as soon as we got on island. This is our first stop because I've been craving these ribs for a solid year, in between visits! Candi's serves large portions of delicious tender ribs with your choice of sauces. Her fries fresh hot and crispy, and best eaten immediately, just take a spot at a table! Her rice and beans is also excellent.
She serves other dishes including fish an shrimp and steak, but I'm a rib fanatic and want nothing but ribs from Miss Candi! Prices are unbelievably reasonable. The best on the island, I believe. Just can't say enough about Candi's. Thank you so much honey, I'd be heartbroken if you were closed next year!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank mindehankins

Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food at good price”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

this place had really good food, with very large portions! it was not too expensive, cheap place compared to many of the other restaurants on the island.

• Visited October 2011
Sarasota, Florida
“Great value for St John”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is a very nice place to get take out when you are too tired to go out for dinner and just want to relax at your villa. They have more choices than Uncle Joe's and a better attitude. The grilled grouper was very good and a nice portion. The ribs and half chicken also tasty and generous portions. The cole slaw with raisins.

Visited April 2012
Fairport, New York
“Great little BBQ stand, island style”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Small little roadside BBQ stand, right near Starfish Market. I got the chicken/rib combo and my wife had the grilled shrimp. Excellent with awesome BBQ sauce. So much sauce I need many napkins. They have beer too.

• Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“Satisfies a comfort food craving”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Based on a recommendation from someone who lives on the island, I used Candi to cater a Welcome Party Dinner for my weddings guests. I was having a low-key pool party at the condos where we were staying, and thought it would be a great opportunity to have local food. It was perfect! I believe I ordered a tray of almost every item on her menu. The bbq ribs, bbq shrimp (that was a special order) and jerk chicken were so delicious! So were all the sides, except the mac and cheese was a little weird. It was good, but not as creamy and cheesy as I'm used to. Didn't matter, though, bc everything else was wonderful and the total cost of the dinner was a tiny drop in the bucket. I would definitely recommend her food for CATERING or a quick comfort food fix/take out. Her location is a bit offputting, as I realized a couple of days later when I went to thank her in person for preparing all that delicious food. She works out of a food trailer next to a car repair place or junk yard... I don't know, but not very appetizing. That's the only reason I'm knocking off a star... the location was a bit scary for someone with an appetite.

• Visited October 2011