“Great breakfast place!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had breakfast at Deli Grotto last week and it was really good. We had two different smoothies - really good, and 2 different kind of jumbles (OH MY GOODNESS - I need more) and the breakfast burrito - pretty good! I was in love with the jumbles - brownie/cookie/bar concoctions that were just delicious - the coconut one was way better than any girl scout cookie I have ever had!

I didn't give 5 stars as the pizza, as others have pointed out, was a miss. We got two slices to go for lunch and it was just odd - doughy, bland, just strange.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We love to pick up lunch from Deli Grotto and take it to the beach or wherever we are going. So many great choices that there is something for everyone. The breads are excellent. They also have great cookies!! Order ahead, it takes a long time. Cash only.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a charming little deli. The food was great, service was good. The sandwiches on the fresh bread can't be beat. The prices are reasonable, which is harder to find on this island. Stop in and enjoy!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

It's hit or miss with their pizza. Sometimes it's truly delicious but the other day I had the dryest, bland, tasteless pizza ever. Think whole wheat bread texture crust was like eating sawdust. Very little sauce which was a blessing kind of because it was bland. Little cheese...

Wow, was I disappointed. Paying good money for something I truly couldn't eat. Why did i not complain on the spot? Geez, they take such pride in their food I knew they'd be dismissive of any complaints.

PS the other people I was with also got pizza slices. It wasnt one bland slice but 9! Even the meat slices were dry and strange.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stopped in to grab a sandwich for a day hike; the place was hoppin' but at the counter, Shay was all smiles. The food - brownie, chocolate chip banana bread and Chicken Salad Wrap were all amazing!! While I was waiting for my food to come up, I noticed several of the customers were locals - that is usually a good sign! I wasn't disappointed - and returned the next day for more!! I'll definitely be back on my next trip!