“A Bite for the Day at the Beach”
Review of Deli Grotto - CLOSED

Deli Grotto
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Rockville, Maryland
“A Bite for the Day at the Beach”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Deli Grotto is one of my favorite restaurants in St. John. I would probably go everyday if I could.The sandwiches are big and come in many flavors. But what really makes it special is their soups. The carrot-ginger soup is one of the best soups I have ever had. The soups change daily. What my family and I do is get ready for a beach day and stop for a sandwich on the way. Everything is fresh and delicious. The greek salad is great too. The Mango Blast smoothie is yummy. The paninis are to die for, especially the Grotto Chicken. Even just trying one thing there you'll be hooked.

• Visited December 2011

Raleigh
“Great Spot for Quick/Easy Food (cash only)”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stopped here a couple times while in St. John, once to eat lunch there and the second time to bring some carry-out salads back to eat on our deck while enjoying a lovely view and bottle of wine. The food was really pretty good for prepared deli fare, with the chicken salad and the curried chicken salad both very good. Just remember to bring cash, since they do not accept any credit cards.

Tallahassee, FL
“Great for breakfast or lunch!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We ate here many times during our week visit. We stopped for both breakfast and lunch. The drinks and desserts were also very good.

St John
“FABULOUS daily”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I work in Mongoose Junction and go into Deli Grotto three days a week minimum and I have only the BEST things to say :
The food is delicious and fresh, the fresh baked bread and pastries are out of this world, the vegetarian selections are wonderful, the breakfasts are over the top, the salads and sandwiches/wraps are delicious and THE SERVICE is friendly, helpful and always cheerful
I reccommend this restaurant to all visitors.....and you know it's good when you see locals there daily....

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“French Onion soup and half salad was so sweet it was almost inedible...”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Deli Grotto had decent sandwiches. Most of their addons (chips, drinks, etc.) are overpriced. But Sunday I had a half French Onion soup and their veggie salad (can't remember the exact name) an both were nearly inedible. The French Onion soup was so incredibly sweet and tart I could only eat three bites before tossing it. The veggie salad was also bad given how much balsamic vinegar they seemed to have put on it. I was not very impressed and for the amount of good ratings Deli Grotto gets I'm surprised no one has knocked them down for the soup and salad. Would maybe go back for the sandwiches but never for the soup or salad...