“Food is and Setting are Great”
Review of Ocean Grill

Ocean Grill
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ocean Grill takes tremendous pride in consistently delivering to you a delicious and personal dining experience - contemporary cuisine with a casually elegant tropical flair - upscale, innovative dishes emphasizing clean, crisp, fresh ingredients without being fussy or heavy. Casual by day and white tablecloth tropical chic by night, within a stone walled courtyard, built in traditional Danish style plantation architecture, visitors & locals alike give rave reviews for our inspired lunch and dinner menus.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food is and Setting are Great”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I dine here every time we visit St. John. Great appetizers, incredible great entrees (their Ahi tuna is incredible), great drinks, great deserts - everything is just great! The seating is in a quasi outdoor area - outdoors, but with a roof - it feels like you are in a cozy grotto.

Go, and you will enjoy.

• Visited June 2014

The Woodlands
“Delicious dinner”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great meal but okay service. Waiters not very friendly. The seating is outside so was a little warm as well. Typical pricey food for most of the restaurants on the island.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a dream come true, thanks to you!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My name is Amanda from Boston, MA. My now husband and I had chosen the Ocean Grill as our venue for our reception on May 22 this year. A destination wedding can cause a bride much anxiety what with being thousands of miles away from your venue and all, but the staff, in particular Patty, had put my mind at ease. She was extremely prompt, professional, helpful, and most importantly kind in all of our email communications. She answered any questions I had without hesitation and made sure to meet all my needs and requests to the best of her ability. My husband and I have been to STJ many times and have never actually been to the Ocean Grill so we were unsure of what to expect. Putting our trust into the staff's hands was the best decision we could have made. Our reception on the night of our wedding exceeded a dream come true. Everything from start to finish was breathtakingly wonderful. The staff that evening waited on each guest, my husband, and myself as is we were all celebrities receiving VIP treatment. They were attentive, professional, and above all genuinely kind people. Every drink was served with a smile and every meal with perfect presentation. Most brides have told me that you often do not even eat on your wedding night because you are so preoccupied. Well this bride sat at that table and enjoyed every last bite of succulant, flavorful Mahi Mahi and delicious sides to match. The guests are still talking to us about how amazing their meals were. We had customized menus at each table setting for guests to choose what they would like and any special needs were well accommodated for by the staff. The seating was set just as Patty had described and perfect for 60 people. Small little things that they went above and beyond with were the decorated mirror in the entry way with a congratulatory message to my husband and I on and a cute set up of delicious drinks along the bar pre-made for our guests to take as they arrived. The Ocean Grill exceeded out expectations and truly helped to make our wedding an incredibly memorable evening. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Patty, the chefs, and your staff for sharing your passion of good service with us. Until we meet again! Cheers, Amanda and Ryan Small!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MrsSmall12
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Eats in Cruz Bay!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

From the moment we walked in and heard the Steel Drummer covering Bob Marley, we knew we were in for a treat.

The ambiance was wonderful. Outdoors, with dim lighting, and plants galore. A very romantic setting.

Our waiter, Aaron, recommended some fantastic wine and explained, in detail, some of the finer points of the menu. Aaron was awesome. He wasn't pretentious, but the kind of guy you would like to have join you for a cocktail. He took very good care of us.

We started with the mussels and I could've probably just ate the broth, it was that good. The head chef sent out some complimentary crab salad and we were floored. Who does that? We had lobster, steak, and mahi mahi, and all were top notch. The presentation was beautiful, the food ample, and the creativeness of the sides was off the charts. Aaron talked us into desert and we were glad he did.

The owner, John, stopped by to see how everything was. He is a down to earth, nice guy, who you can tell actually cared about our experience. It was refreshing.

This was our best culinary experience on the island and right up there with one of the best we have ever had.

Thanks, John and Aaron!

• Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Definitely a winner!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We tried Ocean Grill on the recommendation of the Westin concierge and were not disappointed. We arrived near 7pm, on a Saturday, with no reservation, and were promptly seated at one of the best tables. They had an excellent choice of appetizers, we had a couple of dark & stormy's and then wine by the glass that paired well with the entrees.

Good service, un-rushed atmosphere, open air with nice low profile fans. Would definitely return though there are several other worthy establishments.

• Visited May 2014