“Best Meal of the Trip”
Review of Ocean Grill

Ocean Grill
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ocean Grill takes tremendous pride in consistently delivering to you a delicious and personal dining experience - contemporary cuisine with a casually elegant tropical flair - upscale, innovative dishes emphasizing clean, crisp, fresh ingredients without being fussy or heavy. Casual by day and white tablecloth tropical chic by night, within a stone walled courtyard, built in traditional Danish style plantation architecture, visitors & locals alike give rave reviews for our inspired lunch and dinner menus.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I took my best friend here for her 50th birthday - and it was the best meal we had on the island, the food was fantastic, the service was fantastic, and, as they will tell you, SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT! When you make your reservation, ask to sit in the gazebo!

3  Thank JulesMaine
There are newer reviews for Ocean Grill

Reviewed February 27, 2013

February 2013. Avoid. My wife pushed her plate away mid meal and said the Pecan crusted Snapper didn't taste right. (We eat ALOT of fish and know when something isn't right) 4 hours later she had the worst food poisoning I have ever seen. Sick all night but genrally had cleared by noon the following day. This was not the flu, no one else on our trip had a problem. Steer clear. Service and staff were fine, atmosphere is great but be wary. Wish I could say something better, it has alot of potential.

2  Thank DPR21662
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A wonderful dinner and the dessert is something we still talk about (homemade chocolate peanut butter cake). A must go if staying on St. John.

1  Thank EmBK82
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I had a great dinner in this restaurant in Mongoose Junction ... My wife had the steak, and I had the lobster tail ... Live music made the night. It isn't a hole in the wall, or "cheap eats" ... But if you want a nice dinner out while in st. John, this is surely a place to try. Save room for dessert!

1  Thank tdsisum
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were out for a little shopping and noticed the Ocean Grill. We had one of the nicest lunches of our trip. The food was well prepared. Service was very friendly.

2  Thank HHHappy