We stayed at GBTS in January 2007 and found the place to be quite cozy and charming-- it's definitely not posh, but we were certainly comfortable. We stayed in the Wild Orchid room and never had any issues about privacy or noise. The vegetation is dense enough though that you shouldn't expect to get any sea breezes wafting into the lower rooms-- the air conditioning is a must! We loved that they provided coolers, towels, and really convenient beach chairs/backpacks-- these came in handy as we traveled around to the different beaches on St. John. There is a useful binder with most of the menus of the different restaurants in town, so you do get a really good idea of what you're in for with your dinner choice. They also have many of the guide books for St. John, so if you haven't found any by the time you get there, they are a nice resource. We only had three issues that gave us pause about this inn. First, they really need to update their driving/walking instructions to the inn and provide a map with their confirmation mail-- since there seems to be a prohibition on street signs in Cruz Bay, directions with really accurate landmarks and distances are a necessity. Second, we were not that keen on the manager's choice of background music. Third, the bed in our room has exceeded its comfort date and is in need of replacing. We didn't lose sleep (we were exhausted most every night) but we did both comment that we could have been more comfortable. Overall, we were happy with our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden by the Sea B&B is the quintessential Caribbean home: bright, colorful walls; local art and paintings; gingerbread trim; lush gardens with coconut and banana trees; & nesting birds, iguanas, and peacocks. We are located in the heart of Estate Contant and Enighed – a funky little neighborhood within walking distance of Cruz Bay and 1 ½ blocks from Frank Bay Beach. Your hosts have lived on St. John for over 12 years and are very familiar with the island and the national park and are very willing to help plan your daily activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Garden By The Sea Hotel Cruz Bay
- Garden By The Sea Bed And Breakfast
- Garden By The Sea B&B St. John/Cruz Bay