This was our second visit to St. John and Gallows Point and was as great as our first. July is a wonderful time of the year to come here. No reservations needed at the restaurants, no crowded beaches and the weather was glorious. Also rates are slightly lower. We spent a long weekend in St. John. Would have loved to stay longer but kids had to get back to summer jobs.
We stayed in 1C and it was a lovely, very private unit. We had forgotten how beautiful the sunsets are from the deck and coffee there in the morning is a great start to the day. 1C was very clean, well kept, very comfortable and decorated nicely. The owners are from New England and obviously care that all visitors enjoy their stay in 1C. No problems with bugs what so ever and we did have a couple of rain showers while we were there.
We took a day sail to the BVI on New Horizons 2 and had a very fun day. Rented a sail boat for the kids at Cinnamon Bay and they spent an exciting hour cruising the bay. Snorkeled, had dinner at Rhumb Line and Lime Inn. Both were excellent. Had lunch at Skinny Legs and found the coldest beer on the island. Also the owner is a Red Sox fan. Go team! And smoothies at Columbo's was a daily event.
Maine (my home) is very different from St. John but also similar as both have lovely pristine shorelines in danger of being destroyed by global warming and other environmental damages. It's lovely to see these places but we must take better care or they will be lost to us forever. Visit St. John and Gallows Point. You will not be disappointed with either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay