My husband and I just got back from a week long stay at Gallows Point. Because of the off-season we got a great deal through the resort's website, $180/night. The property was breath-taking and very well maintained. Our unit was 11B, a lower harbor view. The interior could use a little more maintenance. The kitchen was old and needed updating. We had a mosquito problem because the screens were old and did not sit on the windows properly. I suggest bringing a bug zapper and setting it outside.
During this time of year half the restaurants are closed for renovations and/or vacations. A trip to Starfish Market was very convenient. Just a quick drive up the hill. Prices of foods are very high compared to the States so I suggest packing non-perishable items. The resort has gas grills so buying steaks and hamburger meat was a quick dinner. We did manage to eat at several restaurants. Morgan's Mango was our favorite. We ate on Tuesday which was Caribbean Lobster night.
There's little to do on the island but relax and beach-hop which is what we were looking for. Unlike Caneel Bay and the Westin, the resort does not offer a courtesy shuttle so I suggest renting a jeep for groceries and beach-hopping. We rented our jeep from Hospitality Car Rental for $49/day. A round-trip taxi ride for two would have costed the same.
The weather was fairly decent during our stay. It did occassionally rain in the morning and afternoon. We are from Florida so we are use to this kind of weather. I would not say that I would come back during this time of year because of the rain and restaurants/shops being closed. But mainly because we merely missed a tropical storm which was heading towards Bermuda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay