stayed @ Gallows from August 3-7th - stayed here based on all the positive reviews. The reviews were mostly very accurate. Stayed in 7A, directly above the walk down to the beach (beach good snorkling, not much more). The room was very nice, large and everything we were looking for. Bed was made every day as well as dishes cleaned and overall appearance kept tidy. New towels daily. Provided was complimentary bottle of rum, and the hotel provides beach chairs and a cooler for your use. Staying @ Gallows is excellent for the location. Easy walk down to Cruz bay and Mongoose junction. No need to drive @ night going into town. Best thing about Gallows was out flight was delayed 8 hrs - Gallows let us stay in our room until 4 pm (5 hrs past check out) and did not charge. Very considerate on there part.
About St. Johns - nicest Carribean island my wife and I have been too. Rent a car (all set up by Gallows) and check out the different beaches.
Best snorkling (by far!) was @ Waterlemen Cay bay. About 20 minute drive to get to (drive to Annaberg ruins) then 1/2 mile trail walk to isolated area. Able to snorkle with Sea Turtles, sting rays, and saw amazingly large starfish.
Food - ate @ Fish trap (good, not great), Morgan's Mango (ok), and another Italian place on beach (good). Few posts talked about Joes for lunch - NOT recommended!
Bar - best bar was the beach bar - excellent frozen drinks and very close walk to Gallows.
Overall, we had an excellent time on St. Johns and would highly recommend Gallows to anyone deciding on going. Not only for hotel area itself but also for prime location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay