Gallows Points was so relaxing for the five days we were in St John. We had reserved a first floor ocean view room, but were a bit unsure where it was in the property. We got room 15B which was awesome. I say room. It is a condo unit with a full kitchen, sitting room, big bath & shower & bedroom, but the best part is the porch. Why the porch? The view from the porch is fantastic. Looking left you see St Thomas & the blue water between the islands & looking right is Cruz Bay with clear, green water & waterfront restaurants. The other awesome thing about the unit & the porch is the waves. The gentle, breaking waves are only 20 to 30 feet away & the continuous sounds are so soothing, it was another major contributor to the relaxed state. Open all of the windows at night & soak it in. There is nothing luxurious about the unit & it's furnishings. It is quite comfortable, but not fancy. The bedroom was pretty small, but was just fine for my wife & me. The unit was closest to the pool. The pool is small, but satisfactory for the mostly adult guests using it. They have a beach which is little, but if you want beaches go the beaches on the north side of the island. Many people snorkeled off the point & seemed to enjoy it. Gallows Point is a short walk to Cruz Bay which added to the relaxed state sense we did not have to fool around with a car & parking to get to many restaurants & shops. Also convenient is the Gallows Point Gourmet Provisioning Shop. We bought snacks, soft drinks & wine from there & their costs are not a whole lot more than the grocery store. All of the staff including the ladies at the shop were very friendly & added to the relaxation. Although we could hear the partying from the restaurants & bar as we walked to the unit, we did not hear anything other than the waves after getting inside.
GP in high season is not cheap, but what is on St John? It was worth every penny & we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay