My wife & i stayed here for 4 nights to celebrate our 20th anniversary and had the best time. It was the perfect place with a great location - a short 5 miinute walk to all of the shops, restaurants, and bars of downtown Cruz Bay. The property was beautifully maintained a top a hill overlooking either the ocean or Cruz Bay. The grounds were immaculate and the setting very peaceful. We did not see any children during our visit. It was clear from some of the signage that this was a "peaceful" resort and that although children were not dis-allowed, if they were staying there, there were behavior expectations. I don't have a problem with the signs or with kids - just sharing my observations,
We had a recently renovated unit and it was beautfiul - very tastefully decorated with a brand new kitchen, gleaming mahogany woodwork, a huge, tiled shower, and a very comfy bed. You couldn't ask for more. I liked the fact that they had a gallon of water in the refigerator upon our arrival, a couple bottles of juice, and plenty of coffee/sugar/creamer everyday. We even got a bottle of compliementary rum in the on-site store.
The on-site store had just what we needed to hold us over until we could go to one of the local markets. Kristen in the on-site store was a doll - very helpful, always smiling, and very willing to help. She arranged for a Jeep rental for us and made a reservation for a dinghy rental for us as well.
We liked having access to a cooler during our stay. It was a decent sized one too - not some small, soft-sided useless cooler.
We had a great time at Gallow's Point and would definitely stay there again if we return to St. John.
I would have given the resort a "5 star excellent" review if not for one minor thing - the swimming platform pictured prominently on the web site was not there. it certainly would have made for yet another way to relax at Gallow's Point. Not a huge deal, but it sure would have been nice to sit on that swim platform and relax. (No one at the front desk had any idea where it was either.) By the way, the snorkeling in front of the resort wasn't bad at all. There were definitely some fish to see and some live coral (unlike Trunk Bay).
One suggestion I would make is to do one of the following: install ice makers in the freezers in each unit OR purchase a large ice machine for guests to use to fill their coolers OR have bagged ice for sale for $1-2 per bag on site. Anything is better than filing ice cube trays trying to make enough ice cubes to fill a cooler!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay