“Location, location, location!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cruz Bay
Inn at Tamarind Court
Ranked #5 of 5 Cruz Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

After my 5th stay at Tamarind Inn, it's the only way to go. I liked the location because you don't have to have a car on the treacherous roads in st .john.
The staff, and Stephanie could not have been more helpful, they know this island!
Food is served with a different cuisine and chef nightly, it is a great deal.
It needs a little updating but remember,
It's the best deal in town!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 5, 2014

On an island overpopulated with über-expensive villas and condos, The Inn at Tamarind Court is a welcome find. If you are looking for luxury and ocean views, look elsewhere. If you want a convenient location, away from the bustling downtown scene with a friendly accommodating staff, nice bar, beautiful garden and restaurant - check this place. The vibe is very relaxed, the location is ideal and the complimentary breakfast was the perfect way to start the day. Top Notch!

Room Tip: If they have a vacancy, grab it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

To begin with my initial impression was that they found my check-in inconvenient. Maybe it was just a bad hair day but I didn't receive a very warm welcome. The room was Ok though dingy, sheets threadbare and stained. My ceiling fan was hanging from its wires and I feared it might come down on me in the night but it did its job. AC worked the one night I pumped out the stale air for an hour. Bathrooms seemed to have a layer of crud on the floors. Understandably, their rates are dirt cheap for such an expensive area but a little pride in the facilities could go a long way. I appreciated the wifi in the courtyard, friendly hostesses at the bar, hot water in the shared bath and closeness to groceries, restaurants and shops. I'd do it again but I hope they'll have maintenance do a once over and check the bathrooms a couple times a day.

Room Tip: Ask to see more than one if its an option.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Rich C
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the location was very good....away from the bars downtown. We loved the courtyard for drinks and breakfast and would have eaten there had we another day there. Rooms just okay and exterior needs some paint and updating but overall, we enjoyed the Tamarind.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The location is great, quick walk into town. Staff was very helpful and friendly. They have some smaller budget rooms for people travelling solo, which was great for me. I had some friends staying in a villa further inland - not only did they pay twice as much, but they had to drive back and forth into town every night. Tamarind is definitely a better move. I will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We return to the Tamarind yearly and have yet to be disappointed. The Tamarind just feels like home and the staff are great. We enjoy our morning breakfast in the court - good food, great service, and great conversation with a good price too. The Tamarind is a big part of our yearly return to St. John each year and we can't imagine a time without it. We already have 2 more trips to the Tamarind booked this year.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My first trip to St. John and this location right in Cruz Bay made everything within walking distance. The room and bathroom was clean. The bed comfortable. A place to put my head after days of exploring this wonderful friendly island.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo