We stayed in 11E right next to where a new condo development is being built. The noise started at 7:30 AM and quit by 5 PM, so it was not a big deal for us, as we are early risers...even on vacation. We asked for and got a reduced rate up front when we booked this... you should do the same. This construction looks like it will go on for some time. Things move slowly in the Caribbean! The condo was great. Lots of nice surprises upon our arrival, great view of the harbor, lots of activity. SHORT walk downhill to all the restaurants and bars. Get lots of wash cloths when you arrive, as they only give you 4 and we like to have one fresh one per person per day-towels I have no problem using over. LONG walk back up after too much to eat and drink! Take a cab back up! Found St John to be a very wealthy Caribbean Island with alot of yacht owners and EXTREMELEY expensive homes. No sign of poverty here. Cheapest homes in the real estate books, that were two or three room well built "shacks" sell for $500,000. I heard St John called "Gucci Island" and the "Beverly Hills of the Carribean". I would agree! Favoirte bar - The Beach Bar in Cruz Bay. Asolare - good but overpriced! Go to the Fish Trap instead - half the price and food just as good. Gorgeous clean water, great beaches, friendly people! If you are looking to relax, St John is the place. We will probably not go back, as we have visited Maui 5 times in 8 years and find it to be "like home" to us with lots of activities. However, go to St John, take a trip to the Baths at Virgin Gorda, hike to Waterlemon Cay to snorkel, go to St Thomas for the day and buy some great tanzanite jewelry at Touch of Gold...highly recommended for quality and deals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lavender Hill Suites(R) - 1 and 2 bedroom luxury suites all with spectacular Caribbean views just steps away from the shops, restaurants, ferries, and nightlife of Cruz Bay, St John. Each unit has its own unique tropical motif, and each offers fully equipped kitchen, TV, beach chairs and towels, coolers, fully AC, etc. We are the onsite owners and managers of units 1W, 2W, 3W, 5W, 7E, 8E, 10E and 12E. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Lavender Hill Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lavender Hill Hotel Cruz Bay
- Lavender Hill Suites St. John/Cruz Bay