“A perfect home base to see STJ”

Coconut Coast Villas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

CCV has everything you could possibly need to enjoy your stay on St John, staying here was the best! My boyfriend and I stayed for 6 days and we had a seriously wonderful time here. Julie and Dave were so incredibly helpful from the very beginning - from picking out what room we should stay in to advice on what beaches we should go to. I totally owe them because I really really wanted to see turtles at Maho and had snorkeled too far to the side - they sent me back the next day with directions and I got to swim with turtles inches away from me!

Location: Amazing. You are on Turner Bay and next to a salt pond. CCV is a close to town (10 min walk) but far enough away for peace and quiet. The shortcut route to town is a 3-4min path to Frank bay. We loved taking this path to see the wildlife at the salt pond and to watch the sunset on Frank Bay. The path is only available until sundown but the long way back is a leisurely stroll.

Rooms: All the rooms face the Turner bay which is fantastic because you are lulled to sleep by the sound of waves every night. I loved sitting on the balcony every morning with my morning tea. We stayed in the Petrea suite which is one of the best rooms because it was super close to water. The other ones that were in the same building were Lily, Ginger Thomas, Orchid and Poinsettia (I think). Rooms had a fully stocked kitchenette with full fridge, AC, screen doors, ceiling fan, cooler, WiFi. Everything was clean and super cute.

They have a white board with the day's forecast and special events. We never used the pool or hot tub but they looked nice. We were just too busy enjoying all the beaches. There are beach chairs, towels, toys and snorkel gear available for free. Julie set us up with a jeep rental at the time of our reservation which was so key to enjoying our vacation.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful and helpful Julie and Dave were. They picked us up and dropped us off from the ferry and all of their restaurant recommendations were spot on - and I consider myself a foodie!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank ciabia
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

We are so glad you got to see the sea turtles! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about Coconut Coast Villas. We are glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

When I called Coconut Coast Villas at the last minute from another hotel I was unhappy with, Julie had availability and immediately came to pick me up. I checked into a third floor studio villa that was clean and bright with a large balcony overlooking Turner Bay--close enough to relax to the sound of the waves and the smell of the fresh salt air. The room I stayed in had a small kitchen, a loveseat and a queen bed. The bathroom was clean and roomy. The balcony had a chaise and a patio table with 4 chairs. They also have a pool and hot tub that overlooks the bay. Plus you can swim right off their beach. Everything there was better than I expected.

Julie and Dave, the managers, were so helpful and accommodating. They were professional, friendly and hands on. They were more than willing to do whatever I needed to make my stay comfortable. They have even installed a large dry erase board where they post daily updates about the weather and tour options as well as what's going on in St. John. What a great idea!

Staying at Coconut Coast does require a short walk to town through a wooded path during the day and a taxi ride after dark. For me, that was a small price to pay for the high caliber of accommodations and management they provided. I would highly recommend this place and definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for the review. We appreciate it so much! You were a joy to have here and it was great getting to know you. We are so happy we could be here for you when you needed a new place to stay. Please come back and see us again in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

After a very long winter in NJ, my wife and I got 4 days of warm peace and quiet in early April. The great location where you can walk to Solomon Beach, Honeymoon Beach and back to the condo is a great way to turn off the world. If you want a Mega resort this is not the place but if you want to get the excess junk out of your life for a few days at a good price, this is the place

Room Tip: Try to Petrea room of the one next to it for the best view of the ocean
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to do a review! We are so happy you were able to take a break from life and relax here at Coconut Coast Villas. Thank you for pointing out we are NOT a mega resort. We offer all the basics you need to relax and enjoy yourself while on vacation. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great location to the town! Short walk through the path. The staff is extreme helpful! The place was clean and plenty of beach toys to share and bring with you to the beautiful beaches. I loved the pool and hot tub. After a long day of hiking it was a nice place to relax. The roosters were the only negative which can't be helped. They happily woke you up very early each morning but other then that this place was a secrete dream. Private yet close enough to enjoy the town.

• Stayed: February 2014
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it and are glad you had a good time on St. John and at Coconut Coast Villas. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I booked a room at the Coconut Coast Villas on the recommendation of the proprietor of another villa that was booked during the time of my intended stay. I am sure glad the other placed was booked because I cannot imagine a better place to stay. The price was extremely appealing and the value is high since our experience there was priceless! Our room had two large beds and easily accommodated all 4 of us. The ocean waves washed on the shore literally at the base of our balcony and the soothing sound ushered us to sleep every night. We made use of the laundry facility, the complimentary snorkel and beach equipment, and the free parking!! The villa is close enough to Cruz Bay town to easily walk, but driving in the area is easy too (though parking is generally a bit challenging on the small island).
Julie and Dave were terrific and should be proud as the newer owners of this lovely villa. Dave offered to pick us up at the ferry dock despite the fact that we were on the last ferry at midnight!! We also had a last minute additional companion and they were both so gracious at the "surprise guest".
We loved our stay and will definitely be back. We were in St. John for the first time for a wedding and I must say that after visiting other family members' villa accommodations (all of whom were paying much higher prices) we had by far the best lodging. What a find!!

Room Tip: Our room was ocean facing and the waves lapped up just at the foot of our balcony. So relaxing!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

You ladies are so sweet! It was great having you here and we can't wait until you return to spend more time in the sun and the sea. Thanks for bragging about us and pointing out some of our best features. We are located just minutes from town (walking or driving) and being right on the ocean is very rare without spending a small fortune. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you won't wait for someone else to get married to plan your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had a family vacation at Coconut Coast in St. John's. Coconut Coast was the perfect location-it is close to town and to the north side beaches. David and Julie were full of fantastic advise about where to go and what to expect- which really helps when you are spending a short time at a new island. The rooms were clean, quiet and the place very friendly. We recommend it very highly!

Room Tip: Honestly, I think you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Coconut Coast Villas for your special vacation with the whole family! It was great seeing you guys greet each other after such a long time apart! You guys are an awesome family and deserved a getaway together. We hope you will return soon and thanks for taking time to write a review for us. It really means a lot to get the positive feedback!
See you soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Coconut coast villas is truely a great place for the value. You will find every thing you could need in the Villas.The pool and hot tub area with the B.B.Q.are very nice as well as the short walk to the water.From the vllia it is short walk to town which has something for everybody. The jewel of the stay was Julie and Dave that own the Villas.They are some of the nicest people you will meet.Ready to help you out with anything you may want or need.

Room Tip: I dont think ther is a bad one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank waylos

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay here with us! It was great having you and we are so glad you chose us over anyone else on St. John. We know vacations are special and are doing everything we can to make each and every one special for our guests! Don't wait until April 2015 to return! See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cruz Bay
#1 of 13 in Road Town
Gallows Point Resort
Gallows Point Resort
#2 of 4 in Cruz Bay

Been to Coconut Coast Villas? Share your experiences!