“Another Amazing Vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
Prattville, Alabama
“Another Amazing Vacation”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent an amazing 10 days at Coconut Coast. This was our second stay here and we can't imagine staying anywhere else. Such a welcoming place to come home to after a day exploring the island. It is in a perfect location...right in the middle of Cruz Bay. Once again we just walked over from the ferry with our luggage. We loved the supply of beach towels and chairs. The view from our room was beautiful. Tom and Liz went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed....they are the sweetest people! We love this place and will be back again next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Baker497

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am late in writing my review of Coconut Coast Villas. My husband and I stayed her for a week in April 2012. I thought I had written it, but just discovered I had not. Better late than never (I guess?). At any rate, Coconut Coast was an awesome vacation experience. The location of being right on the water was the biggest draw for me. Everything else was an added bonus. We are laid back travelers and do not expect petting and papmering. If you are this way too Coconut Coast will be an equally great experience fo you. It is great to have a small kitchen and refrigerator. We rented a Jeep so we went to the grocery store. We had breakfast on our deck each morning and watched the sunrise, made sandwiches to take in our cooler (provided by Coconut Coast) for lunch and headed out for a day of island exploration each day. The winds and the lapping waves greeted us on return to our room and lulled us to sleep like babies each night. No daily maid service which was fine with us. Plenty of clean towels are provided by the hosts so we just simply swapped ours out as needed. Washers and dryers on the premises if you need them. We did not as we were mostly in bathing suits and cover up clothing. I honestly took too many clothes and did not even wear 3/4 of them! The island is very laid back which is a welcome change from the hustle of normal daily life at home. Hosts were great with information on the island and recommendations on excursions, restaurants, snorkeling, etc. Did a day trip on the boat Bad Kitty (another of the hosts recommendations) and went to Virgin Gorda and The Baths (BVI), Norman Island, Cooper Island, Jost Van Dyke (gotta have a Pain Killer at the Soggy Dollar Bar there!). I highly recommend this excursion. Drove to the other end of the island, hiked Rams Head, hung out at Salt Pond Bay (another great recommendation of the hosts). Ate at the Lime Inn, Barefoot Cowboy Lounge (great for happy hour), Morgan's Mango, Spyglass (another great place for happy hour), Skinny Legs (famous for their burgers) and Woody's. We will return to St. John and we will definitely stay at Coconut Coast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MariettaTravelers
Henderson, Kentucky
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was my first trip to the Carribean. My friends Joe and Gwen Fulkerson, Joe's sister Mary Faye Allender and myself had a wonderful time. Joe and Gwen had been to Coconut Coast the year previous and were very impressed. I think Coconut Coast is very unique. Balconies are only a few feet from the waters edge, and you can leave the door open at night and hear the waves crashing. If you are expecting a 5 star facility then it is not for you. It is clean, has beautiful views and a great value for the cost. Tom met us when we got there and was kind enough to take us to get a few things that we needed for the evening including dinner.

Coolers, beach towels, beach chairs and probably anything else we would have needed
was provided. Tom and Liz will be happy to suggest places to eat and visit. They were very wonderful hosts.

Waking every morning with the waves gently crashing having coffee on the balcony and watching the local goats parade in front of our room was just wonderful. I've never had a vacation where I felt so relaxed.

Great Beaches are just a short drive and the views you will encounter while getting there are just spectacular.

I would definitely stay again if I'm ever back in St John.

Cathy Blanford

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CJ1956
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our arrival in lively Cruz Bay was followed by a short taxi ride to Coconut Coast Villas where pure, simple pleasures abound. The view is the ocean, the sounds are the waves crashing on the rocks, the breeze is warm Caribbean. We were in a 2nd floor studio villa, with a small efficient kitchen, languishing chaise, queen bed, and heavenly open air porch with patio furnishings for dining and relaxing. All ocean views. Nestled in the gardens below lay the intimate pool, hammock strung in the trees, and hot tub. A gate leads to the coral rocky shore where the ocean meets coast. The beauty lies in the simple, peaceful tranquility found here, at an exceptional value. There are nine units, and though fully booked we seldom saw or heard anyone, giving us the feeling of a private villa. Managers Liz and Tom were outstanding hosts, answering questions and requests, exceeding all our expectations. We chose not to rent a vehicle and walked to and from town either on the road or the path. The pond-side path led us by huge Iguanas, Bananaquits, Hummingbirds, and ending at Coconut Coast Studios the wonderful art studio/ home of resident Artist Elaine Estern. Be sure to visit her open house event if possible, she is as enchanting and vibrant as her art, which is a fabulous accent in the villa décor. Her assistant Terri was a wonderfully, charming, filling us in on island favorites. .. You will enjoy Lucy and the chocolates as well !!! We hiked to Soloman, Honeymoon and Caneel beaches, taxied to Trunk, Maho, Hawksnest, and Peace Hill. We anticipate our return visiting Coral Bay, Salt Pond, East End, and more...and will certainly stay @ Coconut Coast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisa b
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 nights here and it was the perfect place to stay. A 15 minute walk to town, so close enough to walk in, but no noise - just the waves lapping. We got by without a car for most of the time and took taxis back in the evening after dark. Tom was very helpful, picked us up from the ferry dock, waited while we stopped off at the grocery store (this was very useful) and even gave us a ride back to the ferry when we left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gambrills, Maryland
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Fourth visit to Coconut Coast Villas in four years. Went with my sister in February 2013. We had a fabulous time! My sister couldn't get over how helpful and kind our hosts Tom and Liz were. They often asked about our plans for the day, and gave us helpful information in planning our daily activities. They also have a basket of suntan oil and bug spray that we made use of when we ran out. Again this year I didn't rent a vehicle, and again it was unnecessary as the proximity of Coconut Coast to Cruz Bay made it unnecessary as it is a 5-10 minute walk into town around a gorgeous and serene pond. If we planned to visit a beach we couldn't hike to -- such as Honeymoon or Solomons, we were able to get catch cabs in town. The grocery stores were within walking distance (and the villa is equipped with a stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, etc.). What more could you ask for? My sister loved the hot tub on the premises, and always made it a point to visit it after our day at the beach. She couldn't get over the view from the patio where we would eat our breakfasts and dinners (when we at ate in). I always loved the view from the front porch where I could sit and read and see St. Thomas off in the distance. I am anxiously counting down the days until February 2014 when I can again return to Coconut Coast Villas!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pokeyrunner
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The studio accommodations at Coconut Coast are small, but clean and serviceable. If you don't plan to spend a lot of time in the room, yet want a great water view and a nice balcony, close to Cruz Bay at a reasonable price -- Coconut Coast is a good choice. The hosts are very friendly and helpful re: restaurants, snorkeling locations, etc. Be sure to obtain directions from them as to how to get there, because it can be a little complicated. There are two possible roads to take but good to avoid the one with the extremely steep hill. We visited in February and were very fortunate to find accommodations; the town is crowded then, and if you wish to rent a vehicle you must do so well in advance. We were unable to get one in St John about three weeks in advance, so had to rent in St. Thomas and take the car ferry. Much more convenient if you can actually rent in St. John. Coconut Coast is among the best values in St. John; other lodging is generally far more costly, and the point of being on St. John is to enjoy the natural beauty the island has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay
Estate Lindholm
Estate Lindholm
#1 of 5 in Cruz Bay

Been to Coconut Coast Villas? Share your experiences!