We stayed at Coconut Coast for one night in July 2007 before our week at another location. St. John is an expensive island, and trying to find a place for one night was a challenge. We stayed in a studio unit with a nice waterfront view.
Overall, I give Coconut Coast a high rating, but I'm not comparing it to Caneel or a high end villa. That would not be comparing apples to apples.
Coconut Coast is clean, basic and in a convenient location close to Cruz Bay. It's not luxurious, but it doesn't claim to be. The owners are nice and provide beach chairs and ample parking. You can walk to Cruz Bay (though you'll need to take a taxi back after dark). There is a small rock beach, and it's lovely to open your patio door in the evening and hear the ocean rolling the rocks back and forth.
It's located in a residential neighborhood, so adjust your expectations accordingly. CC doesn't have manicured grounds and pristine surroundings. For that, you'll need to pay a lot of money on this island.
The real gem on St. John are the North Shore beaches, so get our and explore. If you need an affordable home base in a convenient location, CC is a good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small oceanfront inn in a quiet family neighborhood with nine studio, two or three bedroom units. All with full kitchens, wide shady porches and en-suite baths. Easy walking distance to town. Parking, pool hot tub and ocean front grill. Free guest laundry and wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Coconut Coast Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Coast Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Coconut Coast Villas St. John/Cruz Bay