“An Amazing Return to St. John”

Coconut Coast Villas
GreenLeadersGold level
Bellmore, New York
“An Amazing Return to St. John”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a week long stay at the Coconut Coast villas in St. John and could not have been more pleased with our stay! When we last visited the Virgin Islands we stayed at the Westin for our honeymoon and loved our stay, however we didnt get to experience the island as much as we would have liked, so upon our return we stayed here and absolutely loved it. The owners (Frank and Mickey) could not have been kinder or more helpful. We had actually planned to come here in 2010 but got snowed in during a blizzard and couldnt get to the island, Frank and Mickey worked with us to reschedule our trip and we didnt lose a dime. They are the epitome of great people running a great family place. If you are going to St. John, you have to strongly consider starying here and experiencing all the island has to offer! Cant say enough great things about Coconut Coast Villas! Looking forward to coming back soon!

Room Tip: The rooms are functional and clean. We had a studio with a kitchen and were able to save money by c...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Camarillo, California
Reviewed December 8, 2011

A group of old friends rented a 3BR/3BA unit while we were on St. John for another friend's wedding. Coconut Coast was great! All the very clean rooms have ocean views and balconies. We could do our own cooking as needed, which is helpful since food can be pricey. It's a short walk to Cruz Bay so you have the convenience of being near town without the noise and congestion. Mickey & Frank are absolutely the best vacation rental property managers I've ever encountered. They are the equivalent of having a personal concierge due to their extensive knowledge of restaurants, snorkeling spots, and ferry schedules. On our last day, when we mixed up our departure time and were going to miss our ferry (and therefore our plane), they gave us a ride into town in the driving rain, and even made an unexpected stop at the snorkeling shop so we could pay our tab. I only hope we are able to return!

Room Tip: It seems there are no bad rooms - every one has a balcony and ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank lemons2lemonade
Colorado
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and I were married on St. John in early November 2011. We had all of our family members stay at Coconut Coast. It is a great place to stay near Cruz Bay. The location is perfect, the managers, Frank & Mickey, are fantastic and the price is reasonable. The rooms all have an ocean view and are clean and cute. My husband and I choose to stay in another location, a short distance away to have some privacy, but we like the rooms at Coconut Coast better than where we stayed and were jealous of our guests! I am so happy and thankful that I found this place and booked the rooms for my family to stay here for our wedding. There was nothing that was not great about this place!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Freedomgirl11
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed here for the first four nights of our trip and then we tested out the Westin St. John Resort for two nights. Let’s just say that for future visits to St. John, we will only stay at Coconut Coast Villas! It was the perfect “home base” location for exploring the island. Here’s what we loved most: Frank & Mickey were so welcoming and helpful. Each day Frank would greet us and help us map out our day. It was like having a personal guide to the island. When we returned after a day of snorkeling and hiking, he’d welcome us home and give us restaurant recommendations. Our oceanfront studio with full kitchen was very affordable compared to competing villas/resorts on St. John. The money we saved allowed us to rent a jeep for the entire trip (which we parked directly in front of the villa - free parking spot). This was a great location - we walked to Gallows Point, Wharfside, and Cruz Bay. We also had easy access to all main roads for exploring the island by jeep. We loved the free wifi internet access, backpack beach chairs, swim noodles, and a cooler for packing picnics. The gorgeous oceanfront view and soothing sounds of lapping waves were also nice perks. Some things we appreciated but didn’t use this time were the laundry facilities, pool, hot tub, and gas grill.

Our top 3 favorite restaurants on this trip were:
1. ZoZo’s (sunset dinner upstairs at bar level)
2. Morgan’s Mango
3. Skinny Legs

Our top 3 favorite snorkeling spots were:
1. Waterlemon Cay
2. Pelican Rock
3. Cinnamon Cay

Snorkeling side note: I started this trip as a beginner snorkeler, but once I got the right equipment, I had the confidence to venture out like a pro. I highly recommend the Aqua Lung Impulse Dry (or Total Dry) Snorkel, which has a special round valve at the top that makes it impossible to inhale ocean water. Buy one before your trip - it's lightweight and easy to pack. Also make sure you find a mask that fits your face (and buy anti-fog gel). My first mask leaked terribly and the nose piece kept filling with water, which was scary for a beginner.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wisconsin_foodie_150
Midlothian, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I went to St. John for my father-in-laws wedding a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed at how friendly and hospitable Frank was. Everytime we left for the day he would come out of his office and ask us what we were doing and gave us great advice on places to snorkel and restrauts to visit. When we would pull up in the drive way, he would come out and greet us and ask how our day was. One day we all came in from the beach and graciously helped us out by doing a load of laundry for us while we rested and ate lunch. He made our stay at St. John's rememberable. I highly highly recommend staying here when you visit the USVI.

Room Tip: If you are going with a large group, reseve the 3 bedroom condo. There are 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Brittani T
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Where to begin.... I guess the first thing that struck me was the kindness of the hosts, Mickey and Frank. From the moment my girlfriend and I arrived, they were the most accomodating and helpful individuals one could hope for while on vacation. That said, the second most spectacular thing about staying @ Coconut Coast was the view from the room. It overlooked the entrance to a nearby harbor as well as the pool and featured our own balcony with table and chairs (which would come in handy for when we later had our fruity island cocktails). The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and cozy. When we went out for the day, Mickey and Frank furnished us with complimentary coolers and beach chairs after first showing us where to go on the map and recommending the top snorkling spots, of course. Some of the top spots were: Zozo's for a sunset dinner, a hike out to Solomon bay and a relaxing/ upscale day on the beach at Caneel Bay. I didn't want to leave, but when I come back again, I have no plans to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank ResponsiBill
Allentown, New Jersey
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I write this as I'm wearing my Sloop Jones shirt and typing on my laptop resting on a beautiful island table runner made by Mickey! We stayed in a two bedroom unit with our teenage and adult sons for six days. It was just perfect for our family and the location was great! It was very clean, a descent size, and spacious. Frank and Mickey were always friendly and offered suggestions about what we shouldn't miss when we told them our plans for the day. (hence, the shirt!) We loved our day at the BVI they offered to book for us while we were out for the day. It was a wonderful vacation filled with great snorkeling, seafood, hospitality, and memories!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Coconut Coast Villas? Share your experiences!