One of the greatest places on earth! A dozen of my family stayed in two villas and we couldn't have been more pleased. Each villa had an attractive pool with a waterfall and lights, just beautiful. One of the villas had a hot tub, too.
The Westin property was spotless. The landscapers were hard at work every morning. Every blade of grass cut, every leaf blown.
The maid service was also exceptional. Every morning there were a few around. Need coffee or towels? No problem.
Very few negatives, but maybe a couple areas for improvement. In the villa I stayed in, the pair of upstairs bedrooms were separated not by walls but by sliding wooden dividers. Virtually no privacy from the adjoining bedroom and while we're basically all snuggled together, it was a shared bathroom too. You might want to inquire how your villa is set up unless you want to be extremely close to the people in the next room.
In the same villa, the upstairs toilet sounded like a jet engine at takeoff when flushed. Not that big of a deal, but a little strange.
The villas are not especially close to most of the on-site attractions such as the pool or beach or restaurants. There are plenty of workers on golf carts cruising around. For the most part, they were willing to pick you up but when they don't make eye contact it's clear they are on a mission and you are a distraction. Suggestion: Why not put a little "available" lite on a few of the carts, kind of like a taxi? I felt bad flagging down people so I didn't. I think I took 2 rides in a week and I was usually carrying an infant the quarter mile walk to the pool. But if there was even one cart dedicated to giving guests a lift, it would be a hit!
We had an absolutely brilliant time in St John and hope to return to the Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach, The Westin St. John Resort makes for the perfect island retreat. Stay in spacious rooms with ocean views from private balconies or patios. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay