I frequent STJ and own two vacation units at the Westin. I was back this fall while the resort was under construction. The pool is now back open and I hear it is good! It is going to take a while for all of this to complete and this is work on an island and not the mainland.
For those first timers heading to the Westin.... You can take the Westin Breeze if you want the simplest of travel to the resort. It comes with a steep price tag of $120/PERSON!!! To be honest it is way too much. At the airport take a cab to Red Hook and get on the ferry. ($15 cab +7 for the ferry +2 bucks a bag). You can get a taxi right in Cruz Bay to the Westin and it is VERY easy and far more economical!!!! Also you will not have to wait for your bags to be delivered to your room.
If you arrive early please exercise the travel tip of having your swim suit in your carry-on. Check your bags and go enjoy the pool until your room is ready. No need to rush to see a room that is a bed, bathroom etc...
The beach at the Westin is likely the worst on the entire island. Do not judge the island by this beach. The island of STJ is fantastic and so are the beaches. Check out as many as you can! The activities crew are a lot of fun and if they still have the scavenger hunt running...do it! What a great way to learn about this beautiful island. I learned this fall that the electric is at 47 cents/KwH!!!! Be nice and turn the lights off in your room when you are not there! Every bit helps.
I read there are some complaints about the golf carts and the availability. There have been cut backs to that service and they seem to be "lightly" staffed. The guys are doing the best they can trying to cover the entire property.
The previous comment about the "sales pitch" from Eric is completely correct. 45 minutes would be a miracle...more like 2 hours. If you have the time it is nice to check out however on a short trip....use the two hours for FUN!
One of the main reasons I own here is because of the staff at the resort. They will take care of you! Locals start their conversations with Good Morning, 'afternoon, evening....you will get a lot further taking the 15 seconds to greet the islanders like this and understand their way of life. Say your 'and thank you's. Work with....not against.
I am looking forward to seeing the completion of the renovations upon my next return.I am more excited to see the staff who always make my trip the BEST!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach, The Westin St. John Resort makes for the perfect island retreat. Stay in spacious rooms with ocean views from private balconies or patios. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay