We just returned from our first trip to USVI (the week after the 4th of July, stayed Friday the 5th through the 12th), and this was an unbelievable experience. We stayed at one of the villas with the private pool, and traveling with 3 children and extended family. The private pool villa was a terrific option for us. The villa comfortably slept everyone, and we were only about a 3 minute walk to a grocery store off-site. The staff and grounds were amazing. The concierge services were always friendly and informative without feeling like they were trying to "sell" you something. We did not have a need to rent a vehicle, but rather relied on the taxis to take us to various places. Would definitely recommend visiting Trunk Bay and Honeymoon beach. We also took the 2 hour island tour to various spots which was great as well. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. However, food is very expensive (both in restaurants and in the stores) on the island. My wife was the smart one here and she packed an extra suitcase full of non-perishables (snacks, cereal, PButter etc). This came in very handy and saved us quite a bit. I was rather surprised at some of the negative reviews on here, because it made me somewhat skeptical. I am glad we took the chance! I have stayed at resorts in Cancun and other high-tourist destinations and none of them can even come close to the serene beauty of the Westin St John and the island itself. This is without a doubt the BEST vacation we have experienced. Another tip...when you ride the ferry from St Thomas to St John, sit underneath in the lower deck unless you want to get very wet by the spray. :) My only negative comment would be the television cable selections did not include Nickelodeon or Disney...not that we watch a ton of TV...but while the kids were unwinding after a full day of activity there was really nothing on the tube for them to watch. Also, the unit where we stayed did not have a DVD player. So I would recommend bringing a portable DVD player etc if your kids are like mine and like to watch a movie or TV at night before bed.
If you decide to visit St John and stay in a Westin pool villa you will not regret it! 5 Stars all the way... We are already talking about returning next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach, The Westin St. John Resort makes for the perfect island retreat. Stay in spacious rooms with ocean views from private balconies or patios. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay