As 5 Star elite members of Starwood, we have stayed in many locations around the Caribbean, Mexico and the mainland. This is a truly beautiful island with a number of great beaches for snorkeling and swimming. Unfortunately, things drop off rather precipitously thereafter.
The hotel complex is spread out with golf carts shuttling guests around from their rooms to the beach, lobby, entrance of the complex to go food shopping. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the timing of the shuttles so be prepared to do some walking.
The rooms are acceptable; however, there are some minor annoyances that should not be present in a resort of this quality. Some examples are:
- TV's have no HDMI plugs in the back to hook up personal entertainment. And, the DVD players that are in the rooms only play DVD's, not Blu-rays so make sure that if you are taking some night time movies (or TV Series as we did), they are only in DVD format.
- For the egregious price of meals, the food is at best mediocre. You are far better off buying breakfast stuff for the room, then eating other meals in town where there are a number of very good restaurants at reasonable prices.
- In our experience, the Westin farms out some of its services like the beach activities. Thus, if you run into problems with the beach staff/services, do not expect the Westin to step in to support the guest.
- While I noticed some complaints about the staff, our experience was actually very positive. Certain members of the staff clearly go out of their way to ensure you are having a pleasant stay. Occasionally, there was the "Walking Dead" individual, but they were the minority.
As someone else already said, nice experience, but can scratch this from the bucket list and will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach, The Westin St. John Resort makes for the perfect island retreat. Stay in spacious rooms with ocean views from private balconies or patios. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay