We are Westin Timeshare owners, but not in St. John, and because of that, we're very used to Westin quality, and in some areas, The Westin St. John Resort is lacking.
The room itself was fine. Everything works, well appointed, good station at the desk for charging various devices. I think, if you had the right cables, you could tie your laptop into the flat screen and watch DVDs. The devil, though, is in the detail. The room was never cleaned the same way twice. Everyone left something undone. I don't believe they vacuum-ever. The carpet was dirty. In fact, I spilled some red wine on the carpet, and tried to get it out-the towel was brown rather than red. Also, there were several days when they didn't replenish toilet paper. One day, we came in after an excursion and the room wasn't cleaned yet. We contacted the front desk, and they sent someone to do it, but we had to leave while she cleaned. At that, she didn't replenish coffee, so I had to contact the front desk to have some delivered in the morning.
Lastly, the television selection was very small. I realize you're in paradise, and watching television is one of the last things you think to do, but being from the West Coast, our day-cycle was different, and we'd always retire early. We're not big fans of network TV, but the selections past that were limited. We decided to watch the Super Bowl from our room, since it came on at 7:30 and wouldn't be done until, easily, midnight/1 am, but the transmission was, seemingly, over the air from Puerto Rico, so the picture was extremely snowy.
I rated this as a 4 because most of these are minor, easily fixed issues. The staff was generally friendly, the golf carts always offered us a ride, and everyone worked with a smile on their face. Even the iguanas were pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach, The Westin St. John Resort makes for the perfect island retreat. Stay in spacious rooms with ocean views from private balconies or patios. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay