We went to St. John using a Sheraton Vacation Network trade. There were six of us sharing a two bedroom with a loft.. The unit was very nice but when they say it sleeps 8-10 comfortably they are not talking about adults. Two had the king bedroom, 2 had the 2 doubles bedroom and the other couple slept on a hideabed in the living area... ..For a family it would be fine but with 3 couples, it did not leave much privacy for the couple in the living room...There was a beautiful view of Cruz Bay from the balcony but again, there were only 2 chairs on a small balcony for a unit supposed to sleep 8-10.
We were there Labor Day week and it was considered off seaon so there was only the deli, pool bar and one restaurant open. The food was very good but pricey with a limited selection. We decided to get groceries as there is a small grocery store a few blocks off the property. We took a tour of St. John and asked the tour driver to drop us at the grocery store. You can walk your groceries in the grocery cart back to the resort, leave it at the security gate, and call for a shuttle to take you and groceries to your unit..Groceries are very high... $7 for a box of cheerios, $3 for a dozen eggs, etc. Still it was more economical than eating out all the time..The breakfast buffet with tax was almost $30 pp so we had breakfast in the room most mornings. When the six of us rode into town for dinner, it was $30 each way as they charge $5 pp. Going to the beaches such as Trunk Bay was a few dollars more pp each way..
There are shuttles to take you around the property but nothing but taxi's if you want to go off site. That was our main complaint as we had been to the Westin Kaanapali in Maui and their complimentary shuttles took you into town and you had access to all the shops and restaurants for several blocks plus it took you to neighboring properties also.
We did opt to use the Westin Ferry rather than the public ferry and it was $110 per person for the week.. We took the ferry over to St. Thomas one day to shop and tour.. The public ferry may not be as pricey but we liked the convenience of having the ferry on premises, our bags handled, no cabs to catch, etc.
We loved the pool and beach and spent alot of time there. The iguanas are big and rather bold and will not hesitate to swipe the garnishment from your drink if you leave it unattended.
St. John is a beautiful island but there are other places to visit which are just as beautiful that are a much better value so I don't think any of us will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach, The Westin St. John Resort makes for the perfect island retreat. Stay in spacious rooms with ocean views from private balconies or patios. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay