“Great time had by all!”

Low Key Watersports
Ranked #16 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diving, snorkeling, Boat Trips, concierge, and island information
Columbus, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great time had by all!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Low Key was recommended to us by a local property manager, and they did not disappoint. The entire staff - from top to bottom - went out of their way to make my family feel welcome, comfortable and safe. It is obvious that they were a well trained group.

Low Key offered us a lot of variety in dive sites and gave us plenty of freedom to explore in the ocean. The only suggestion I would offer, would be not to combine snorkelers with divers. Snorkelers prefer calm surface water, and most of the dive sites were out in the open water vs. in a cove. We made it work and all had a blast!

I will be back and will always use Low Key.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rick S

Arcola, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Dive Shop of the Century!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Instructors and staff were fantastic! I had not been diving in 9 years, so was a little nervous on my first dive. Max was the best! He went over everything with me topside and was great once we got in the water. I got my scuba legs back and I loved it! I saw eel, spiny lobster, tarpon, rays, and more fish than I can count. Did another dive the next day. On this dive, we went to the BVI and did a wreck dive. So awesome! We penetrated the wreck which was a little eery but exciting. On the second dive, the current was strong and I couldn't keep up with my group, so had to go back. It was no sweat for Max and Austin. Max took me back and Austin took the rest of my group with him. Everyone had a great time. Ben was a great captain, and Ed and Gwen were awesome in the shop. I can't wait to do it again next year! Thank you Low Key - You are by far the best at what you do and made my trip and birthday so much more enjoyable.

1 Thank JoElla B
Cruz Bay, St. John
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“It's THE Dive Shop on St John”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Instructors and staff know what they're doing here and go out of their way to make your shopping or diving experience a pleasurable one. We purchased our snorkel gear here after checking other places. Gwen is especially helpful in the store, Max is our favorite instructor. The owner, Bob, didn't hesitate to credit me for the prepaid snorkel trip as a storm blew up. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Low Key.

1 Thank CarolJ388
Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Simply Perfect With Professional Dive Shop”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

When you book on line, it is a true leap of faith. Do these folks live up to the ratings? Am I one of many 'cattle" pushed on a boat and tossed into the water with 25 other tourists? My son and I dive together on vacation once a year. So, when we miss the mark and get with the wrong dive company, it is miserable and a waste of time. We had a disastorous dive last summer in cabo san lucas. So this year I did my research and double checked all available resources. All the reviews I read about Low Key Watersports were glowing. So, I took the chance the reviews were correct and booked 2 days of diving.

We arrived at 8:30 am and we were checked in quickly. We were then given masks and fins and within 5 minutes we were on the boat (which sat right out the front door of the shop in the marina). We met Captain Ben and our Dive Guide, Mikey, and off we went with 4 others. We arrived at the dive site within 20 minutes and the water was calm, clear and crystal blue. We did a full safety check and Captain Ben gave us some last minute safety information. These guys are big on safety and I appreciate that seeing as I only do this once a year. It was quick, informative and needed. We dove the reef called Grassy Key. The coral formations were like nothing I had ever seen. Hundreds of coral species, some I have never heard of. Mikey was a great dive guide. He pointed out many species of fish, eel, crab, etc. and showed us things hidden in the coral. I never got the feeling he was leading us and wanted to get this over. Mikey went at a good pace, 30-50 ft down, and was conscious of his divers and what they were doing and what they wanted to do. He gauged the pace perfectly. Sometimes I am swimming like Aquaman to keep up with the guide and unable to see much. Not with Mikey. He was into it and made sure his guests were doing well and enjoying themselves. We came up, got on the boat, got hydrated and headed to Lind Bay, just off the coast between Cruz Bay and Caneel Bay. Again the 6 of us went down and went along the reef which seemed to run forever. We saw large tarpon, lion fish, trumpet fish, eels, parrott fish, angel fish, etc. Many more fish in this location. Again, Mikey took us at a pace dictated by his guests. We meandered over the reef and criss crossed over the top and down the sides many times. The visibility was spectacular. Give these guys their due, They scout the best areas to dive each day based on weather, wind, current and temperature and they hit the nail right on the head today. We can not be more grateful and appeciative of their efforts to make our day special. My son goes off to college in a few months and this was our last dive for a long time. It was, without a doubt, THE best experience we have had diving.
These are the guys you want to use. Everything was professional, friendly, and timely. No long lines, no waiting around, not bunched in with 25 other tourists, great and well maintained equipment, a big, clean modern dive boat, friendly competant and knowledgable staff, and excellent dive guides. We head out again on tuesday and we are pumped. Thank you Low Key Watersports!

1 Thank HenryJax
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First Time Divers - AWESOME Experience!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I were vacationing in St. John for our honeymoon and my husband REALLY wanted to go scuba diving. We had decided to book with Low Key because of their responsiveness in email during the initial booking.

Neither of us are certified, and have NEVER been diving before. In fact, we had just snorkeled for the first time the day before our excursion. I was a bit nervous, and my husband was just excited!

Isaac was our instructor and he did a wonderful job! He was able to tell that I was not completely comfortable once in the water and held on to me throughout the entire first dive. Some people might not like that, but I was glad to just focus on my breathing and not even think about kicking my legs.

I choose to not do the second dive and had Isaac take my husband out on his own. He was able to swim along with the certified divers, and saw a sting ray! I can't even describe to you how much this meant to him. He is SOOOO excited to now get certified and be able to go diving again.

While he was out on the second dive, I did some snorkeling around the boat and then just relaxed on the boat with the captain, Missy. She was a wonderful captain, and great to talk to. I'm glad that she was there to keep me entertained while everyone else was diving.

Truly wonderful experience! We WILL be back to St. John next year, and we WILL be back to Low Key Watersports. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Visited May 2013