“Great experience!”

Low Key Watersports
Ranked #17 of 39 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diving, snorkeling, Boat Trips, concierge, and island information
Alexandria Va
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have always wanted to dive - but had some issues with equalizing, taking off my mask etc. The staff at Low Key was OUTSTANDING! They all spent extra time with me to ensure I was comfortable and that I truly enjoyed my diving experience. They were patient and professional as they helped me through the process at the same time building my confidence and sharing their knowledge and experience. They love what they do and it shows!

1 Thank paige61

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“You Have To Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have been diving with Low Key for the past several years and have always had a great time. The dive masters know all of the sites really well and everyone that works there goes out of their way to make sure you have a great dive. However, when we were there last week we went on the 3 tank Safari Dive and we were totally blown away. We dove several sites we had never been to before. It was a little choppy out that day but the captain was very picky on the sites he chose and we were not affected by any currents or rough water. After the second dive we all had lunch and then took off for our last tank. It was a totally relaxing and enjoyable day. Even if you don't dive they also take along snorkelers on most of the trips. I would recommend Low Key for any diving activity but you simply must go on the 3 tank Safari Dive. It is only on Friday but if you are on St. John you will not be disappointed with this trip. Thanks again Low Key for being a wonderful part of our vacation.

2 Thank PoodleGirl4
Fairbanks, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Dive Shop and Crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed two days of dives with Low Key Watersports in Cruz By, St. John, USVI, the third week of January. We were able to do one of our long planned dives to the wreck of the Rhone, the almost 400-foot British mail steamer that went down in a hurricane in 1867 in the BVI. Low Key has two very nice dive boats and good crews who took a lot of care to ensure an informative and enjoyable experience. During our stop in the BVI to get our passports stamped to enter the British VI, the boat captain shared with us the story of the Rhone, which they visit once per week. We were fortunate to dive on a day with excellent water clarity (>100 feet) so we could see the broken ship 75 feet down on the bottom easily from the deck of the dive boat. Very little underwater current allowed us to explore throughout the fated ship in two dives. Our surface interval was in harbor at Salt Island next to the wreck site, where the history of the 12 survivors and the long boatmen who rescued them was told to us by the dive crew while we enjoyed lunch provided as part of the trip. This trip is logged now as one of the best dives we have taken, and was truly enhanced by the excellent service provided by Low Key and their staff.

Visited January 2013
Williams, Arizona, United States
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Slightly Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went diving with Low Key on Jan 25, 2013. The staff were all very knowledgeable but not personable at all. I felt like just another number on this 2 tank dive. Once I was on deck ready to get in the water I was shoved gently ... once in the water I looked back to give the boat captian the OK sign and he had his back turned and was getting another diver ready for entry. I did NOT appreciate that at all. Felt like I was cattle being herded around. I will check out a different dive shop on my next trip to St John. Low Key gets "Best of the Virgin Island Dive Shop Ratings" ... But I will not give them this honor.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Randal T
Annapolis, MD
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great diving operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Low Key Watersports. I went to them to get my PADI Open Water Certifications and they are the friendliest and most efficient groups of professionals I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Let me start with the shop staff. I went in the day before my diving to get a new mask. Ed helped me pick one out and helped me get it prepped for diving the next day by applying the toothpaste to get rid of the manufacturing residue for me. The next day, I was greeted by Gabriella and Alden. These girls are great. I felt welcome there and they held on to my stuff each day that I didn't want to bring onto the boat. They always asked me how my dive went when I returned and you could tell they really enjoy what they do. My dive instructor, Missy, made me feel very comfortable in the water as I had never even had a discovery Scuba Class and it was my first time breathing underwater. She was patient and went over everything with me until I was able to master it. I was lucky to have two divemaster candidates on the boat each day so you felt really safe. They always had plenty of divemasters on board so your dive groups were pretty small. Beacuse of the small groups, you could feel confident even if you didn't come with a buddy though they would assign you one if you needed it. The most guests I think we had on the boat was 8 max. They take snorkelers too though they are definitely more geared towards the divers. We went to Thatch Cay, Mingo, Lovango, Stephen's Cay, and Little St. James. After I certified, I went ahead and booked two additional 1/2 days of diving since I enjoyed it so much. I would definitely book with them again and highly recommend them for PADI training.

1 Thank mrscherry2000