“Great Again!”

Big Blue Excursions
Ranked #6 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Charter your Private Power boat for groups of 2-11 passengers or enjoy a Sailing Adventure with us! It's your way every day on Big Blue's 31 foot Grady Whites "Gypsea Girl" or "Big Blue". Or sail our 37 foot Tayana sailboat "Papillon". Vessels are roomy and comfortable for your private group. We'll help you design the perfect itinerary for your group and create the best day of your vacation!
Missoula, Montana
“Great Again!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is the second time I have done the boat trip with Captain Mindy! As with the first - Loved it! She showed us some great sites, experienced an authentic Caribbean lunch on Yost Van Dyke - island time, and had a great time snorkeling different spots. The only draw back is the time went way to fast - so much more to do than what we had time for! Guess we will have to do it again!

Ashburn, Virginia
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We booked with Big Blue on the advice of friends and were truly impressed. Mindy was a great captain and host, providing great insight into the area as we cruised, and selecting some great snorkeling spots. We had kids aboard and Mindy was great getting them engaged with her great knowledge of the underwater wildlife. Lastly, underneath all of this fun was an attention to safety that's greatly appreciated with young kids around the water. We enjoyed our time so much with Sandy Spit and Jost Van Dyke, we booked a second day to BVI, hitting Norman Island and the Indians. Truly an incredible couple of days!!

Jackson, Tennessee
“Fantastic way to see the Caribbean”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our first visit to St. Thomas and Gypsy Girl was highly recommended to us. And we were not disappointed!! We had a marvelous day snorkeling, seeing the islands, eating, laughing and enjoying our adventure as a family. I would perhaps consider bringing our own lunch, just to save time and go more places, but our lunch on Norman was delicious! I would love to do another tour if we get back to the Caribbean again someday!

Visited December 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“2nd year with Big Blue and 3 trips. I am still impressed!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is our second year visiting the USVI. I grew-up arround here and now live in DC.

Last year we learned about Big Blue and did 1 trip. I was so impressed this year we did 2 trips and our visit to the islands was planned at found those trips. All other activities were just stuff to do.

The boat is clean and well taken care off. VERY comfortable for 6 adults although I am sure you can put 8-9 and still be comfortable. Both Captains (JC on our 1st year and Mindy on our 2nd year) show a love for the islands and boating while keeping a fun service oriented environment with an impressive diligence on water safety. As an yacht owner of 2 boats myself, I cannot think of a better combination. I took my young family and did not think twice.

Get ready for an island adventure and memories that will last a lifetime.
--JaM

Rolling Hills Estates, California
“A Blast!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We enjoyed a day at sea with Capt Mindy and my only complaint is there are not enough hours in the day. From the moment we got on board until we passed through customs the entire trip was relaxed, beautiful,adventurous and just plain fun. I love the sea and sight seeing and getting wet and we had all of this. But we also had a great lunch and after snorkeling a cocktail(or 2). I give Big Blue my highest recommendation try it you too will like it!!

Visited December 2013