“Awesome all-day snorkeling and sunset cruise”
Review of Fly Girl

Fly Girl
Ranked #30 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly Girl is a wide, comfortable catamaran specializing in snorkeling tours and excursions to the British Virgin Islands. We never take more than six guests so everyone gets personal attention and room to spread out and get comfortable. Captain Han has a masters in ecology. He incorporates his passion for sailing and love of nature into all his tours. His guests come back year after year for this unique sailing adventure. Call Han toll free.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I (on our honeymoon) went on two different excursions on Fly Girl. The first was an all-day snorkeling adventure where Justin and Lauren took us to some awesome snorkeling spots filled with colorful fish, coral and even sea turtles. Justin and Lauren were very knowledgeable regarding the area and their laid-back but hard-working persona made the day comfortable but still efficient. The catamaran was perfect and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Lauren's home-made painkillers! The open cooler-bar (beer, water, soft drinks and rum) was perfect for the day and the sandwiches for lunch filled us up without making us too full for the second part of the snorkeling day. The Fly Girl can hold up to 6 patrons but we were the only two that booked (during the off-season) so we had the whole catamaran to ourselves!

We had so much fun on the snorkeling trip that we decided to book the sunset cruise for two nights later. Again, we had Justin and Lauren chauffeuring us around the beautiful islands on a perfect summer night. The sunset was wonderful and we were able to sip on wine and munch on some cheese and crackers while watching the sun slip behind the green mountain islands. A perfect night.

I recommend the Fly Girl for anyone looking for a fun-filled day or a romantic evening.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We chartered the Fly Girl for a full day snorkel trip for 4 adults and 2 seven year old children. What an awesome time! Capt. Justin, and 1st Mate Liz could not have more pleasant or helpful. They were great with the kids (and adults for that matter) - always helping out with gear, getting in and out of the boat, getting drinks, etc. They truly did everything they could to make it a perfect trip. The boat was comfortable, the lunch was fantastic, and the pain relievers lived up to their name. My favorite part of the trip was when I was sitting on the front of the boat with my 7 year old son as we sailed to another bay, the occasional wave splashing over us and the two of us laughing. He turned to me and said, "Dad, am I dreaming". I said "yes, but were awake". I would highly recommend Fly Girl. We can't wait to return for another trip.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Six ladies from their 30s to 60s had a great afternoon on Fly Girl in December 2013! Since Fly Girl max occupancy is six (besides the 2-man crew), we had the whole catamaran to ourselves. Just perfect.

The crew made our trip so relaxing and memorable. My mom was nervous about snorkeling and First Mate Dave was so patient and helpful with getting her comfortable in the water. The Captain was also so kind and calm, and let us choose the type of sail we wanted. We snorkeled for half the time, sailed a little while, then stopped off in front of Honeymoon & Solomon Beaches to swim, snorkel and relax. It was so nice having the option to be in the sun on the trampoline and or sit in the shade under the canopy.

We briefly met the owner Eric in the parking lot at Starfish Market grocery store after seeing the Sail Safari's logo in his Jeep the day after our sail and got to rave about our experience to him. Read their little story on their website: http://www.sailsafaris.net/about-1/

We will definitely use Fly Girl again upon our return December 2014 and do a longer sail to see the caves at the BVIs!

1  Thank Holly T
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I arranged for a private half-day charter on Fly Girl to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had an excellent experience and wonderful sail! Kelly, the co-owner of Sail Safaris where Fly Girl is based was warmly helpful and responsible in the planning. Our crew, Justin, Liz, and Dave were great! Friendly, skillful, and knowledgeable. Fly Girl is very comfortable and we loved the intimacy of a smaller catamaran. We enjoyed both the quiet sailing and the terrific snorkeling. It was a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank BobRader
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Me and my wife took a small group charter on the fly girl with Dave and Trey, captain and first mate. They were awesome to hang out with. Dave did a great job with the sails and drinks, and Trey did a great job helping. Both were very friendly and really made the experience very fun for the two of us. We were lucky enough to be the only ones. Like others have said here, it was a highlight for our trip. Fly girl was comfortable for the four of us and would have held another couple comfortably. The Fly Girl is starting to show some age, but was still reliable. I would not have let that keep me from going. Dave and Trey never pushed anything, so they left it up to us to decide when to leave and what to do. Definitely do a full day trip by the way. Thanks guys for the trip!