“Amazing Trip and fantastic Captain & Crew”

Cruz Bay Watersports
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating 29 years in business, Cruz Bay Watersports has evolved into the most diversified watersports Company in the Virgin Islands. Scuba and snorkel trips offered daily as well as BVI trips to the Baths, Caves, Foxy's, and the Soggy Dollar Bar. With two retail locations, Cruz Bay and the Westin Resort, CBW is your best source for "All Things Watersports."
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Green Brook, New Jersey, United States
“Amazing Trip and fantastic Captain & Crew”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Last week we took a trip on board the Island Spirit to Jost Van Dyke with Captain Rich and his crew. It was fantastic. We had 4 kids with us ranging from 5 to 10 years old. Worried about if they would have a good time. And was so impressed how attentitive the crew and captain was towards the kids. We as adults could relax and enjoy as kids we having a blast. My kids still talk about Captain Rich teaching them how to sail the boat as they all took turns sailing. An excellent trip and great adventure. Highly recommend even if you have kids!!!!

Visited April 2013

“Amazing crew, amazing trip!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently went on the full day excursion of the British virgin island baths and caves. The crew was great! Captain Rich did an amazing job along with his crew Kelsey and Kyle! I would absolutely recxomond this tour and this crew. They showed us all of the great spots and we ate a great lunch. It was a ton of fun and so worth the time and money!

Stamford, Connecticut
“Island Time = Great Time”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just returned from a great day with Capt. Rich, Kelsey & Kyle to the Baths at Virgin Gorda and Norman Island. A very friendly, attentive and informative team. Even our 13 yr old son was impressed and that is a rare occurrence. A great way to spend 8 hours exploring the best of the BVI's. Excellent lunch at Coopers Island. Good snorkeling. Well worth the tariff.

West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unfulfilled Promises, Unprofessional Staff”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My son and I are very experienced jet skiers having rented them all over Southeast Asia (where we lived for a number of years), Hawaii, Mexico and other Caribbean resorts. Our experience here was among the worst.

We made $240 arrangements a day in advance for the last "tour" of the day for two jet skis, my wife and son's girlfriend as passengers. At the last moment, a man and his 5 year old daughter arrived and the beach boy/guide agreed to add them to the tour. We were instructed to stay in a straight line behind the beach boy with the man and daughter immediately behind him. Tragically, the daughter (and maybe her father) were clearly petrified and they never went over 10-12 mph for the entire hour of the trip. Thus, we could not even plane off the jet skis. When we returned to shore, I asked for a refund given our extreme disappointment at our experience. The beach boy shrugged.

To make a long story short, we were snorkeling for the next two days, but pursued this with the hotel staff over the phone who promised to help out. Two days later when we returned from a day of snorkeling at 4:30P, I went to the "Greeters" desk who said that I needed to talk to the hotel manager on duty. Going to his desk, he said that the hotel sub-contracts the beach activities to Cruz Bay Watersports and I would have to talk to the manager of that firm. Going to the Watersports desk, they said they would try to track down the manager, but that I should also talk to the hotel.

Ultimately the manager of Watersports showed up and with a hubris that should never be used in a service industry said that he had tried that day to reach me, but did not think much could be done given that a couple of days had gone by since the incident. My reaction was nuclear fury that this man was actually trying to make this my problem. I said we had better things to do on holidays than run around trying to find him. He then said that what he was prepared to do at 4:30P as we stood their after a long day at the beach was to take us out at that point. I reacted strongly and negatively. I said, that was unrealistic and simply refund my money.

The monies were never refunded so we were/are out $240 for a truly awful experience. Worse, the hotel was unwilling to step in to help us and Watersports knew we were leaving so they had our money. The object lesson, ensure you know what you are buying and that you get the value for the funds.

3 Thank Ric L
Sayville, New York, United States
“Captain Rich & crew were amazing!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Spent 2 days with Captain Rich on our vaca last week and had a wonderful time on both trips! Marcus & Emily were wonderful on our trip to the baths and Emily was so awesome with our boys in Jost! Loved every minute of it! Best days Of our trip were spent with Captain Rich & crew!!! Can't wait to visit again next year!!! You guys are livin the dream!!! ;)))