“Cruz Bay Watersports and Captain JP Rock”

Cruz Bay Watersports
Ranked #17 of 40 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating 29 years in business, Cruz Bay Watersports has evolved into the most diversified watersports Company in the Virgin Islands. Scuba and snorkel trips offered daily as well as BVI trips to the Baths, Caves, Foxy's, and the Soggy Dollar Bar. With two retail locations, Cruz Bay and the Westin Resort, CBW is your best source for "All Things Watersports."
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We went on a snorkel trip on Island Spirit with Captain JP, and it was the highlight of our vacation. I have a 7 year old son with autism , who doesn't do well with strangers, crowds or foreign atmospheres. The captain took the time to gain my sons trust and somehow hypnotized him into becoming a great snorkeler. My son still talks about it every day.Go with Captain JP if you have kids.
Meghan B

Write a ReviewReviews (2,062)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"beautiful sunset"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We went on the sunset sail with our daughter and had a wonderful time. The crew, Rich Mike and Julia did a wonderful job. They offered to take pictures, grab refills on cocktails and told stories about all the islands around. It was a wonderful way to watch the sunset and we will do it every time that we visit St. John.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We booked the snorkeling and Jost Van Dyke day trip while staying at the Westin. We enjoyed the trip to Jost Van Dyke. The snorkeling was great, my husband doesn't swim and JP really helped him enjoy the snorkeling. Not only did JP make my husband feel comfortable in the water - which is a BIG deal, but he was also knowledgeable, congenial and had a great sense of humor.

We really enjoyed the entire crew, but JP stands out. I am thankful for the time he spent with my husband and the other non swimmers on the boat.

Cruz Bay Watersports did an excellent job, and JP is one of the best employees they have!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

JP Horan captained our sail which was delightful from start to finish. He and his crew took us to Christmas Island for snorkeling. He also showed us how to use the on board slide, jump over thee side (good cannon ball) and answer a million questions. He and his crew made us feel safe while encouraging fun. Thanks to them all.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I visited St. John for a week and tried several of the Cruz Bay activities. The dingy rental is a fantastic way to explore at your own pace. We went out with another couple for a day and this was the highlight of our trip. I would highly recommend it. Bring drinks and be ready to enjoy the beaches, swimming and snorkeling.

The tour to the BVI to see the baths was ok, but it lacked information or history during idle time sailing to the destinations. The baths are incredible and I would recommend them one way or another. The tour do making going through British customs easy.

The into to scuba was great. The instructor Jared did a nice job and
JP helped make the experience enjoyable. I would recommend this trip for anyone who has never dove before. Even if you're reluctant to try they help make it a comfortable and positive experience.