“Great BVI TRIP”

Calypso Charters Bad Kitty
Ranked #12 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Choose Bad Kitty and Calypso Charters, we will make your Virgin Island visit complete by spending a day boating on the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Explore the many treasures these Islands and waters have to offer on a boat charter. For ten years we have been guiding visitors throughout the US Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands. We offer many boating options to meet all of your charter needs: sail, motor, public, or private. Whether you want to have a peaceful sail on turquoise waters, explore The Baths, snorkel pristine reefs, or party at an island beach bar, we can deliver. We are based on St. John, USVI, but fully accommodate guests staying on St. Thomas. Over the past year we have taken over 15,000 guests on boat charters in these waters. Our friendly and experienced staff will make your charter the best day of your visit to this beautiful place.
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

If you go to St John or St Thomas don't go home without going to the BVI's. This trip is one of our favorites. The Baths are beautiful and Jost is an altimeter favorite too. Both are just beautiful. Staff was great!

There are newer reviews for Calypso Charters Bad Kitty

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Girlfriend trip and we decided to go on a charter to see some of the other islands. Bad Kitty is a 49 foot speed catamaran that visits Virgin Gorda, island-Spanish town and the baths, Cooper Island ( lunch stop here and food was delicious and views spectacular.) Norman island (snorkeling here but never went to actual island) Jost van Dyke where the famous soggy dollar bar was. There was fun atmosphere here and multiple bars. Would have been a fun day trip.
The crew consisted of Emily ( a marine biologist that knows so much!) Kara who was nothing but friendly and helpful with all people. Captain Joe, while he drove the boat efficiently lacked charisma and personality.
Overall was very happy with the trip and stops. Great idea of where you want to go back and maybe stay for a day.
There is no shopping opportunity on any stops because they go pretty fast!
Would recommend trip. Snorkeling was really wonderful. Lots of fish in the area and Emily found a starfish I got to hold. The cost is 150$ per person plus 40$ for customs since you go to British Islands and about 30$ for lunch and cocktail plus add 20% gratuity and the trip was about 240$ per person for the day.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Fantastic! Went on a ladies trip to celebrate a birthday. The captain and 2 deck hands were really friendly and accommodating. The locations were beautiful. Food was a little pricey, but that's what happens when you're a tourist. Loved every minute. Definitely worth it!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We booked this through our hotel when we stayed at St Thomas in December. I cannot recommend it enough.

The day started out a little rough because the weather was rainy and the swells to Virgin Gorda were kind of scary. Two grown women ended up getting into an argument over an open window (seriously) that sort of got awkward and could have really set the tone, but everyone else on the boat quickly proved that they were awesome.

Things improved quickly. It turns out the rest of the boat, crew included was a great group. The tour of the baths was interesting, and pretty, make sure to get yourself a dry bag for your camera. The crew was full of interesting information and also did their best to keep us together and safe. One guy on the boat had never even swam before and the crew did a great job of not only encouraging him but keeping him safe. Lunch at Cooper Island was fantastic and the drinks were strong and delicious. It's not included in your day, so bring some extra spending cash.

Then, the snorkeling. Wow. This was my second time ever snorkeling and it seriously was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. We went off the coast of Norman Island and it was kind of life changing. I'm super active, but swimming was never something I loved, but I'll be doing more of it so I can do this again. Words cannot even describe how beautiful it was.

The bar opened up on the boat and the crew kept our drinks topped off. By the time we got to Jost Van Dyke, we felt no pain, and felt even less pain after we brought our wallets to One Love and The Soggy Dollar. We weren't there long, but I'm convinced it's one of the most magical islands ever.

This was one of the best days of my life. I loved the crew and the sights, and actually made some new friends who I'll be travelling with again soon. I would do this trip again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We did the full day rental from 9 to 4. It was a great day on the water with snorkeling and many north side beaches. We had great service the owners were great. The dinghy was a center console with seating for 4. Boats are great the owner gave us a good review on we're and not to go and he made me inspect the prop before we took off and after we got back. Just wanted to add that to respond to some bad reviews about being charged for damage. It was a great day and the people were very friendly. I would highly recommend this trip.