“Bad Kitty review”

Calypso Charters Bad Kitty
Ranked #12 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Choose Bad Kitty and Calypso Charters, we will make your Virgin Island visit complete by spending a day boating on the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Explore the many treasures these Islands and waters have to offer on a boat charter. For ten years we have been guiding visitors throughout the US Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands. We offer many boating options to meet all of your charter needs: sail, motor, public, or private. Whether you want to have a peaceful sail on turquoise waters, explore The Baths, snorkel pristine reefs, or party at an island beach bar, we can deliver. We are based on St. John, USVI, but fully accommodate guests staying on St. Thomas. Over the past year we have taken over 15,000 guests on boat charters in these waters. Our friendly and experienced staff will make your charter the best day of your visit to this beautiful place.
Hayward, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bad Kitty review”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I had a great excursion aboard Bad Kitty on 2/2/13. The staff was informative, cheerful, and trustworthy. They did a fine job of keeping the group informed and in no way pushed alcohol. In fact we were allowed to reschedule a trip because we had a bad experience at our resort with alcohol and chose not to even drink aboard the Bad Kitty and had soft drinks available while on board. Our captain responded to a distress call on the way to Norman Island and once we got to the distress site, the captain was told the emergency was being handled and the Bad Kitty was dismissed. I commend the captain for his prompt response to the distress call. My only suggestion to the owners would be to have an AED aboard since there were 3 RN's aboard who knew how to use it and might have helped the victim. It doesn't cost all that much to maintain an AED and should be a part of a Coast Guard approved vessel equipment and training. We thought the overall trip was a good value compared to other tour packages - we went all day for a total cost of $400 for 2 people, this included tip, eating and customs. We would recommend this trip to friends and family who visit the USVI and want a taste of the BVI.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Harry H

Burlington, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Exceeded our Expectations!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We enjoyed this trip from start to finish. The staff was professional and assured each guest on board was attended to.
Mike and Maggie especially worked hard to assure our enjoyment, including our safety when swimming and snorkeling. Their service is genuine and you easily see they love their jobs. Happy employees = happy guests!
Definitely worth the money, a full day and the lunch at Cooper Island was AMAZING! I recommend the hummus wrap and bucket of fish.

Visited February 2013
Maplewood, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Kitty= Bad A$$!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very cool island hopping trip with very nice helpful guys running the boat. One of the only boat tours that will take you to the Bath's (which is a must see) in the BVI's. They had some nice historical facts about each place but didn't make it into an all day mueseum trip. The stops were great! Very glad we did it. Well worth it!

Visited January 2013
Centreville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an amazing day!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Wanted to take a minute to let all of you know what a great experience it is to go aboard the Bad Kitty 2. We were taken care of by Captain Joe, Crew Morgan and John. They could not have done anymore for us. They made the trip a day we will not forget soon and a trip we will repeat year after year.
The crew provided breakfast, took us to a grate lunch spot and provided us all of the drinks we needed to stay hydrated :)

Thanks again for the great time.
Frank (U.S. Coast Guard Retired) & Jo-Ann

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Frankie512
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not too Good Kitty”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I would like to start off stating that we did have a good time aboard the Bad Kitty and most of the crew was fun and entertaining. We went to some amazingly beautiful places as well. However, there are a few things that did not make the day the 'ultimate' experience. The morning we went was cloudy and rainy and the swells and currents at some points were very bad to Virgin Gorda (about 45 min long). While on the boat 3 people flew forward and busted their knees open and one had a face wound. I know they can not control the weather, but the boat was going too fast and without warning. That leads me to my next concern. I felt rushed almost the whole day. We were guided while at the Baths and it felt like we barely had time to stop for pictures. At one point we got a little behind and another guide snapped at us to stay with the group. I felt like I was on a field trip at that point. I realized while we were at Jost (the most AMAZING place ever! in the future I will just get a boat here and hang here all day.) that the captain was speeding everything up because he wanted to beat everyone to the US customs office to have no lines. That is cool and all, but that took away time from really awesome places/snorkeling/lunch. I have a feeling the 'other' Bad Kitty that they run had a more relaxing staff and weren't as rushed because I remember seeing them docked as we left Jost.
Don't get me wrong, we had a great time and the drinks/scenery was very cool. I have been on a very similar day trip in the BVI and it was just so much more laid back. If this is your first time to the islands, this trip on any vessel will be worth your money.

Visited December 2012