“Bad Kitty= Bad A$$!”

Calypso Charters Bad Kitty
Ranked #12 of 39 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Choose Bad Kitty and Calypso Charters, we will make your Virgin Island visit complete by spending a day boating on the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Explore the many treasures these Islands and waters have to offer on a boat charter. For ten years we have been guiding visitors throughout the US Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands. We offer many boating options to meet all of your charter needs: sail, motor, public, or private. Whether you want to have a peaceful sail on turquoise waters, explore The Baths, snorkel pristine reefs, or party at an island beach bar, we can deliver. We are based on St. John, USVI, but fully accommodate guests staying on St. Thomas. Over the past year we have taken over 15,000 guests on boat charters in these waters. Our friendly and experienced staff will make your charter the best day of your visit to this beautiful place.
Maplewood, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Kitty= Bad A$$!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very cool island hopping trip with very nice helpful guys running the boat. One of the only boat tours that will take you to the Bath's (which is a must see) in the BVI's. They had some nice historical facts about each place but didn't make it into an all day mueseum trip. The stops were great! Very glad we did it. Well worth it!

Centreville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an amazing day!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Wanted to take a minute to let all of you know what a great experience it is to go aboard the Bad Kitty 2. We were taken care of by Captain Joe, Crew Morgan and John. They could not have done anymore for us. They made the trip a day we will not forget soon and a trip we will repeat year after year.
The crew provided breakfast, took us to a grate lunch spot and provided us all of the drinks we needed to stay hydrated :)

Thanks again for the great time.
Frank (U.S. Coast Guard Retired) & Jo-Ann

1 Thank Frankie512
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not too Good Kitty”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I would like to start off stating that we did have a good time aboard the Bad Kitty and most of the crew was fun and entertaining. We went to some amazingly beautiful places as well. However, there are a few things that did not make the day the 'ultimate' experience. The morning we went was cloudy and rainy and the swells and currents at some points were very bad to Virgin Gorda (about 45 min long). While on the boat 3 people flew forward and busted their knees open and one had a face wound. I know they can not control the weather, but the boat was going too fast and without warning. That leads me to my next concern. I felt rushed almost the whole day. We were guided while at the Baths and it felt like we barely had time to stop for pictures. At one point we got a little behind and another guide snapped at us to stay with the group. I felt like I was on a field trip at that point. I realized while we were at Jost (the most AMAZING place ever! in the future I will just get a boat here and hang here all day.) that the captain was speeding everything up because he wanted to beat everyone to the US customs office to have no lines. That is cool and all, but that took away time from really awesome places/snorkeling/lunch. I have a feeling the 'other' Bad Kitty that they run had a more relaxing staff and weren't as rushed because I remember seeing them docked as we left Jost.
Don't get me wrong, we had a great time and the drinks/scenery was very cool. I have been on a very similar day trip in the BVI and it was just so much more laid back. If this is your first time to the islands, this trip on any vessel will be worth your money.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank phoebsbird
Wrentham, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a hoot!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Bad Kitty is all it's name says -- free Pain Killers all day with multiple stops to US and British Virgin Islands. You get to snorkel, crawl through caves, and of course visit some great beach bars along the day-long trip. Must do if you are in St John!

Atlanta, Georgia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Second time using this company they never disappoint”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We used Bad Kitty to got to Virgin gorda and the baths last time and this trip we wanted to go to Jost van Dyke to so we took the half day cruise and snorkel trip with Calypso. It was great as alwasy. Quick snorkel stop were see somethng a little different then you do on the islands themselves and then we were off to Jost van Dyke. While the crew checks you in with customs you can head down to foxys and grab a drink and walk around the small town. Then it was off the the Soggy dollar bar adn white sand beach! Wonderfull day! While I am sure kids would like the trip this was all adults and olfer children in the there 20's but the virgin gorda trips had a more family feel in nature.

Visited November 2012