“Average food and drinks....easy stop on way back to ferry” 3 of 5 bubbles

Margarita Phil's
Ranked #37 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ocean City
“Average food and drinks....easy stop on way back to ferry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Margarita Phil's on our way back to St. Thomas from a day on St. John. The restaurant is right on the main road heading back to the ferry port. Parking was slightly difficult to find but once we parked we were able to enjoy some of the bars and shops located on the same street.

The waitress was very friendly when we came up and we were seated immediately outside. There are about 4-5 tables outside and it looked like a few with a bar inside. Their specialty is the "grande" margarita which has a nice fresh flavor. The waitress said it was three drinks for the price of two. She told the table next to us they were 15 dollars, but I was charged 18, not sure what happened there. As for food, my wife got basic nachos which she really enjoyed. I tried them and they were good. I decided on the carnitas burrito special. The burrito came stuffed, which was nice, and the pork was really flavorful and tender. The only problem with the burrito was that it was sitting in its own juices so it became soggy and it also had large chunks of onions and peppers in it. I would have preferred them to be cut smaller so they didn't overpower the pork, but the burrito was still very good.

Overall, an average tex-mex/mex place. I would return on my next trip to St. John. The staff was extremely friendly.

“Huge margarita”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The margarita is huge, the food is just OK. This is a very small place with only one server that I saw. She was overwhelmed serving 4 tables.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Palm Beach, Florida
“Not real Mexician”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice place but not the best Mexician food. I didn't have any drinks so I cannot speak to the drinking aspect. The food was "ok" but it was over priced for Mexician food.

1 Thank Traveldocs5
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Tequila”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Go for the drinks! Marguaritas...are big and tasty. Food was average, but drinks made the stop worth it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Paul D
Southern MA
“Tasty Fajitas, giant margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is another of our favorite restaurants on St. John. You can share giant margaritas in a variety of flavors (though they are a little pricey). It is also a little more expensive than some of the other o,aces we have eaten, but not exorbitant. My daughter and I shared the chicken and shrimp fajitas which were well seasoned and tasty. We shared some conch fritters which I loved, but the others thought were just okay. My husband had the taco bowl with flank steak. The steak was good. He enjoyed it immensely, but I liked the fajitas better. I know we will return here when we visit again.

Visited July 2013