“Great Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Dinner for four with Apps & huge margaritas was very reasonable. The food was fantastic from Ahi to Shrimp to Pork. couldn't begin to eat the huge portions - but the quality was still there ( we are talking Mexican not upscale dining ). Great balance if flavors quality ingredients. We noticed the time & informed our server Neil that we only had 10 minutes to catch the ferry. We made it with 2inuyee to spare. No great feat settling the bill boxing the food & walking time back to the Dock. On the ferry now & couldn't wait to give a good review. Will definitely go back

Milford, Connecticut, United States
“Best nachos ever!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Love them with every topping!
And try the black and white dessert nachos.
Fish tacos also outstanding.
Friendly owner/manager?
Only disappointment is the 'specials' don't seem to change and the bathroom could be a little cleaner.....

Visited February 2013
New York, NY
“Disappointed, first time and last time customer”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I had just gotten off the ferry and were excited about our first visit to St J. Unfortunately we picked Phil's for a quick drink and lunch. A "frozen" virgin daiquiri (came unfrozen, basically a cup of fruit punch with ice), 2 coronas, a very average quesadilla and the "special" tuna tacos came to almost $70. Yes, I should have asked about the price of the tacos...but I would never have guessed 3 small tacos with a few small strips of tuna would cost $30. It's too bad the owner didn't either list the price on the specials menu, or let his customers know before they ordered. Left a really bad taste in our mouth. Not a $70 lunch kind of place -- at all.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BantryBay68
Folsom, California
“Disapointing Mexican food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm from Ca. so maybe my standards are too high but this has got to be the worst mexican food I've ever had. I was craving mexican food after being on island for 3 weeks so decided to give it a try, but wish we hadn't. I hear that they have good margarita's but I didn't have one so I can't speak on that. If you've had good mexican food before, you'll be disappointed at Margarita Phil's.

Visited December 2012
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Great Nachos, expensive cocktails”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here after the beach today ... Nachos were delish for $15 ... But $25 for 2 mojitos and a virgin strawberry daiquiri? Especially when there are $3 happy hour drinks down the street. Skip the cocktails, but try the food.