“Disapointing Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm from Ca. so maybe my standards are too high but this has got to be the worst mexican food I've ever had. I was craving mexican food after being on island for 3 weeks so decided to give it a try, but wish we hadn't. I hear that they have good margarita's but I didn't have one so I can't speak on that. If you've had good mexican food before, you'll be disappointed at Margarita Phil's.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went here after the beach today ... Nachos were delish for $15 ... But $25 for 2 mojitos and a virgin strawberry daiquiri? Especially when there are $3 happy hour drinks down the street. Skip the cocktails, but try the food.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a great restaurant. Very laid back and great menu- ask for the seared ahi tuna tacos off menu.

I always enjoy the staff here. Unfortunately, this time, the staff was not having a good week. The service was slow, the famous margarita was not as fresh and the pour was stingy. I think Phil needs to bring back former employees and let his place shine again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We enjoyed a fajita dinner, and thought the food was excellent. The gentleman who waited on us could not have been more friendly, and went out of his way to accommodate me as a vegetarian. The vegetables were crisp and fresh and the guacamole was delicious. The frozen margarita was made just right. Highly recommended!

1  Thank piris
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Ahi Tuna tacos have always been a favorite ! We have a house on St. John and have been coming to the island for 22 years..... During our most recent visit to the restaurant, Phil was there and the restaurant was humming !
We tried & liked the Cheeseburger Tacos & Carnitas Burrito w/fresh pineapple salsa.... YUM!
There is always a Margarita of the day..... I had the frozen strawberry w/fresh basil ! My regular is the fresh tangerine!
I must confess that our bar bill is usually higher than our food bill! This could indicate a beverage problem on OUR part....
but It's the Island Mon.....

1  Thank VillaHKM