“Great place for a margarita fix!”
Review of Margarita Phil's

Margarita Phil's
Ranked #32 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I hadn't been to Margarita Phil's in a few years, however we were headed back to our villa and wanted food to go. We usually dine at Margarita Phil's, but we were eager to go back to our villa after being in the BVI's all day.

We walked in and had the margarita of the day. It was just what was needed after being in the hot sun all day. The bartender was pleasant to talk to as we waited for our to-go order. The cook recommended the burritos so my husband ordered the beef version and I ordered the grouper.

Once back at our villa we enjoyed our burritos. They were well worth the money that I had enough left over for a snack the next day. Whether you are dining in or getting a to-go order, if you crave mexican - this is the place to get it!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you're looking for a casual Mexican joint in Cruz Bay, this is one of your only options and it's a good one. We've visited each time we've come - it's a good break from fancy dinners. The jumbo margarita is ridiculously large. The enchiladas are particularly good. As is the grouper quesadilla.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently visited St. John last week for the Thanksgiving holiday and was told to make sure I visited Margarita Phil's. The Ahi Tuna tacos were amazing and the service was excellent!! Our waiter Neil was very informative about the menu and his recommendations were very good. The way they were pan seared and the seasoning made them melt in your mouth!! He recommended to have one of their famous Grande Margaritas. This thing was massive, 32 ounces!!! Best deal on the island, I went to other restaurants and their Margaritas came in a 12 oz cup and were 10 dollars!! WHEN I travel back to St. John, Margarita Phil's will be the first stop when I get off the ferry!!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I stopped around 2pm for a quick bite. We had one each house grande margarita (hit the spot), and each ordered the day's taco special - as shown on the chalk board. There was no price stated nor did the waiter tell us. Also there were no drink prices shown on the menu. The waiter craftily avoided telling us the prices when asked. We did later overhear him tell a neighboring table that the grande margarita was $13. We each got 3 small mediocre tacos & a small glob of rice. The tacos were marginal at best. Then the bill came - $75!!! (and he charged us $15 each for the margaritas) that made our Taco plates over $22 per person! My goodness, I can get far far better tacos at Taco Del Mar - 2 for $5. This is a giant RIP OFF!!! By the way, caution, the waiter was continually chasing chickens (yes real ones) out of the dining area with a squirt gun during our meal! We will not stop there again!

1  Thank JohnSallyTacoma
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We like Margarita Phil's, we go every time we are on the island. This is not fine dining but it is Good Mexican Food. We find it expensive, especially chips and salsa for $8, but once you get over that shock you can sit back relax and have a drink!