“Christmas in STJ”

Ranked #31 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Da Livio is nestled in the heart of Cruz Bay. Offering an exclusive and authentic taste of Italy, we bring you a unique dining experience to the island that's not offered by any other restaurant around. Aside from bringing you a crafted menu, we are also a private distributor of wine and specialty imported goods. Each of our dishes are packed with outstandingly fresh ingredients that are all imported to ensure that we serve our original recipes the way they are indented. Choose from our handmade pastas and sauces to our brick oven pizza- everything is made from scratch, each time. From the Caputo flour, imported from Napoli and used in our dough- to the Faema E61 that is the only one on in the entire islands, come taste the difference and quality with us at Da Livio!
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just the best. My husband can't stop talking about the pappardelle Bolognese. We ate once in the restaurant and did take out twice. The pizza is amazing but the Bolognese is superb. The staff is exceptional. The young man working the pizza oven is very hard working and very pleasant. Our waitress was very sweet and I loved chatting about our mutual love of healthy food and good eating. Can't wait to come back and try more. Grazie!

1  Thank spaz1212
LivioLeoni, Owner at da Livio, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Ciao, sorry for the delay to say you grazie mille. Hope to see you for next Christmas.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We love the pizza here. It's so tasty. It's our second time visiting this restaurant and we will back upon on next visit.

LivioLeoni, Owner at da Livio, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Ciao thanks for your review, arrivederci.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I took my wife and mother to Da Livio on NewYear's day for an early dinner. My mother had recently started a diet so we decided to eat lite and split two thirteen-inch, wood-fired pizzas. As soon as our waiter realized that we would not be a "big ticket" table he made it readily apparent that we were no longer important, even though there were exactly two other groups seated at the time. For example, my wife noticed that her clear glass plate had not been cleaned thoroughly. It was partially encrusted in some sort of cheesy residue. I informed the waiter quietly, politely requesting a clean plate. He audibly scoffed and said that the plate was simply "scratched up" and walked away without replacing it. After serving the pizza, which was outstanding, he did not visit our table again for a half hour by which time we had long since finished our lite meal. After I requested the check, he again became agitated and sent a fellow waitress over to close. I highly recommend the Italian cuisine that Da Livio has to offer. It represents a welcome change of pace from the plethora of Caribbean faire on Saint John. However, when you DO choose Da Livio...consider takeout. The service almost taints the taste of their food.

1  Thank Zach M

Ciao thanks a lot, Peppino, my pizza chef, is passionate in what he is doing and he put love in his job, so pizza is so good!
We will kee put passion and love in what we are doing here!
Ciao happy new year.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Da Livios food is hands down my wife and my favorite restaurant on St.John.From the Pizza to the home made pasta and wine, Give DaLivios a try. Their wine list is great and Livio is a very gracious and friendly host. Thanks Lena for great service. We will return frequently while on St.John

1  Thank Bruce B

Ciao grazie mille, hope to see you again and enjoying my passion.
Arrivederci.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Trust the positive reviews about this place. Aside from being a bit pricey (true of nearly all of St John's really good restaurants), this is a real find and the food is outstanding. The pizza chef is a true aficionado of pizza and if you sit outdoors you'll be entertained by his talent and love of his craft. His crusts are very thin and perfectly cooked, with no sugar or other additives. Ingredients are fresh and carefully selected according to the traditional style of Italian cooking. I had the Parmigiana with fresh arugula and paper thin prosciutto Parma added after the pizza was cooked for a mere 3 minutes in the 1,000 degree outdoor oven. Perfect! Among the best pizza I've ever had.

For starters we had a simple arugula salad with a balsamic and extra virgin olive oil dressing and shaved parmesan on top. Very fresh and perfectly dressed. Also had the pressed octopus that was sliced very thin and dressed with a light lemon dressing. Very unusual and tasty. As the other main course, we had the squid ink linguini with clams and mussels (linguini al frutti di mare) and the flavors of the pasta (all homemade and really fresh) were excellent.

The restaurant is a bit hard to find because the only sign you see on the outside says "Ristorante Italiano" and the bland exterior makes it look like a generic pizza joint. We had to walk past it 4 times before we saw the tiny sign on the door that said "Da Livio." But, make the effort to find this place. We guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Ciao grazie mille for your review, I will do my best for keep my gem shining!
Maybe another gem will starts lighting an US city soon, it's a secret do not tell anybody!
Arrivederci.