“Not worth the money”

Ranked #31 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Da Livio is nestled in the heart of Cruz Bay. Offering an exclusive and authentic taste of Italy, we bring you a unique dining experience to the island that's not offered by any other restaurant around. Aside from bringing you a crafted menu, we are also a private distributor of wine and specialty imported goods. Each of our dishes are packed with outstandingly fresh ingredients that are all imported to ensure that we serve our original recipes the way they are indented. Choose from our handmade pastas and sauces to our brick oven pizza- everything is made from scratch, each time. From the Caputo flour, imported from Napoli and used in our dough- to the Faema E61 that is the only one on in the entire islands, come taste the difference and quality with us at Da Livio!
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ordered pizza to go. The chef who was making the pizza and took my order on the phone was not accommodating at all. When I asked if I could get a pizza with 2 different toppings on each side he went into a tirade about how he could not do this and not do that. I should never have ordered the pizza from this restaurant. But since we were recommended to this restaurant I decided to give them a try. We ordered a Hawaiian pizza and a vegetarian pizza. The Hawaiian pizza had about 6 small pieces of pineapple and about 6 olives. The vegetarian pizza was the same- very limited toppings and very small amounts of cheese.We did like the very thin crust but that was about it. There were not enough toppings on each pizza to say anything special about the taste. For $37 they were not worth the money. We come to St. John every summer and I will not order from this restaurant again.

1  Thank OceanLOver27
LivioLeoni, Owner at da Livio, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Salve thanks for visiting my restaurant and leave a review, I really appriciate you will never come back in my restaurant, people like you better not try my pizza even for free. So keep enjoying your favorite places where you can you meet your taste.
As I told, I want to give your money back, please, so you can use that to order some pizza you like, also I suggest to you to stay away for other real Italian pizzeria in the US and world wide.
Thanks again have a wonderful day.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Looking for the best Italian food on the island? Here it is. A tranquil, elegant dining experience just moments away from the bustling crowds. We split our time between St. John and New York City and are never disappointed when we come here to dine.

Now, if you are in a hurry with a large group, this might not be the place. Leave it for those of us who prefer to linger over a great meal.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We spent 12 nights on St John and, after the first few nights, we fancied something a little different to the standard local salad, meat and fish dishes (which, don't get me wrong, are very good too). Da Livio really is a top quality restaurant. The food, service and decor is straight out of Milan, right down to the Esteban Cambiasso Inter jersey that you see when you walk in. The pizzas are definitely a highlight (think Spago, not Domino's), but the other Italian dishes are also very strong. Anyone visiting the island should check this place out. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been dining at Da Livio on St John , VI, for years, but last nights meal was so wonderful, I felt compelled to post a review. First, this is authentic Italian cuisine , cooked by Livio, who spent most of his life in Italy....using ingredients and techniques he imported from his home.
The pasta was made fresh that day from scratch and the bolognese sauce was absolutely devine. The egg plant appetizer was also fantastic and loaded with red sauce and fresh cheese. And if that wasn't enough, the hand made pizza, cooked in the real Itallian pizza oven, with perfect crispy crust, was the final course.
If you are looking for Pizza Hut, or typical " American" versions of Italian dishes, this is not your place. But if genuine Italian dishes, cooked in the real Italian tradition, are your thing, then look no further.....this is the best Italian cuisine in the Caribbean!! To Livio , Joseph, and the crew, we say " gratzi" for sure!!

1  Thank Charles R
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Phenomenal food. Great decor. Perfect service. Modern and chic and clean. An outdoor pizza oven produces delicious pies from house made dough with inventive toppings. Do not miss. The ink pasta with clams and mussels is a ten. Salads are great but skip the tomato and mozzarella concoction. Cocktails were terrific and the homemade deserts fantastic. Please give this spot a try. You will not be disappointed.