“Great lunch!”

Sun Dog Cafe
Ranked #12 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Grill, American, Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sun Dog Cafe is a great casual dining option, and home to the Gecko Gazebo, our open air bar overlooking the gracious center courtyard of Mongoose Junction. A New York Times Travel and Leisure Pick for St. John, we serve lunch daily, dinner on weekdays, and brunch on Sunday. Don't Miss the Sunday Night Jam, from 6 to pm, a great musical event with local and visiting talent. Welcome!
Chester Springs, PA
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our first day on the island, our family of four arrived starving and grabbed lunch here. Do not let the "smallness" of the cafe turn you away. It was one of the best lunches we had. The caesar salads were fresh with nicely seasoned chicken and the shrimp quesadillas were yummy! It was quick and easy, yet really good food!

• Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Outdoor Seating, Quality Fish Tacos”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Sun dog has outdoor seating with a quiet atmosphere. There aren't big crowds, and you can have lunch and there are options for everyone. You might want to get there early though, even though this is not a crowded restaurant, there is limited seating and it may fill up quickly. I like the fish tacos, but I would guess the menu works for anyone. You can go to a casual lunch, and they do have umbrellas on the tables. We did not get too hot. I would recommend to friends!

• Visited June 2014
missouri
“Great Place!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a hidden little gem at Mongoose Junction. Great food and occasional live entertainment. A must place to enjoy lunch or dinner.

Visited June 2014
Long Island, NY
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have been going to St John for several years and Sun Dog is always on my list of restaurants of choice. The Shrimp Angela and the Shrimp Vera Cruz are my favorites, but so is the burrito and the tacos....its so good to have so many things to choose from. This trip I tried their Key Lime pie (made more like a large tart in its own graham cracker crust) for the first time and its a good thing I didn't know what I had been missing because I won't be able to pass it up in the future! Just awesome...kudos to chef Peter for an absolutely delectable creation! I took four home with me and had them in place of a cake on my 50th Birthday the next day. Thanks guys. You always do a great Job.

• Visited May 2014
Newberg, Oregon
“Why did we keep coming back?”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

On our recent trip to St. John we found ourselves eating out a lot more than before. And we found ourselves going back to the Sun Dog Cafe. In short the food is fantastic, the wine is great, and service exceptional, and the prices reasonable.

We really liked their Apothic Red so much we bought it when we came home. I wanted to try all their dishes but if I had to pick one it would be the Angela Shrimp Vera Cruz - mmmmm.

We really liked how they cared for us. When they seemed full they opened up a romantic table off to the side. The server we dealt with was so friendly and remembered our wine choice every time.

To top it off, we found out that the owner of the Sun Dog is the one who opened Virgin Fire. He/she really knows their stuff - food, pricing, setting, service. Killer combination.

• Visited May 2014